Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X September Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks outie,

I have a 6 seat. Emailed the DS this morning but haven't gotten a response. I haven't filled out insurance or leasing preferences so does that have anything to do with it? My spec is:
X60D Solid Black/black leather/SAS/6 seat/Hitch
Anyone have any ideas why this is happening? Hope I can get the vin soon and the car is supposed to come late next month!
The other information doesn't make any difference. I filled out everything right after I ordered.

Ordered 7/29 and got confirmed this morning. Interestingly I got the VIN instantly - 170xx. 75D, 6 seats, AP, Hitch. No delivery date indicated yet but mid-October is a reasonable assumption. They must have received a flow of 60D orders and are spacing them out to avoid a big drop of average selling price in a single quarter.

If this is the case, then wouldn't VIN numbers be useless for tracking orders? I'm not sure how they don't sequence in order (that's how the big 3 do it), seems horribly inefficient from a production standpoint.

It is the case, and VIN numbers are not good at tracking orders either.
For instance, I have had my VIN assigned since first half of July, but because we are targeting a specific delivery date, it will not go into production until September or so.

Why would it matter how the "sequence" the RN or VIN? They plan their production based on destination so that they can optimize shipping options.
Internal planning at the factory does not have to every rely on RN or VIN.

Why would it matter how the "sequence" the RN or VIN? They plan their production based on destination so that they can optimize shipping options.
Internal planning at the factory does not have to every rely on RN or VIN.

That's how the sequencing centers work in the Big Three assembly plants, all parts are coded to a particular VIN. It's not only efficient but also allows for more traceability of quality issues. Shipping isn't as much as a concern for them as it might be for Tesla, since they're building cars in surplus. Tesla has a production model that differs in many ways from the "traditional" sence, so it's not too surprising, I guess.

So, back to the original point, that the VIN and RN do not assist us at all in tracking our orders. We have to rely on production queue confirmations and estimate from delivery timing of prior orders (which, may not be accurate for another year or so since production is still in the "ramping-up" phase).

In the other threads people have said Tesla tends to under promise and over deliver. They also said that they're going to pause the factory for the first week or two this month. Anyone know if this is actually true? It would make sense sine my DS said production mid to late this month as there were no earlier production groups to get me in.

In the other threads people have said Tesla tends to under promise and over deliver. They also said that they're going to pause the factory for the first week or two this month. Anyone know if this is actually true? It would make sense sine my DS said production mid to late this month as there were no earlier production groups to get me in.

I'm curious to know this also. I've read elsewhere that the factory is closed for the first week of August.

I got a mid to late August production timeframe yesterday and a mid to late September delivery. I'm hoping it'll arrive earlier! :D

I'm curious to know this also. I've read elsewhere that the factory is closed for the first week of August.

I got a mid to late August production timeframe yesterday and a mid to late September delivery. I'm hoping it'll arrive earlier! :D

There have been some reports of people's cars starting production the last few days (8/5-7) so it doesn't seem closed. But doesn't rule out other weeks to come.

I was originally told to expect delivery of my 60D in early October. However, I just received an email from my DS and was told to now expect it late September. Looks like they are ramping up production quite nicely.

I was originally told to expect delivery of my 60D in early October. However, I just received an email from my DS and was told to now expect it late September. Looks like they are ramping up production quite nicely.

Wow! Maybe mine will come earlier! I'm supposed to go into production mid to later this month with a delivery next month.

The wait is so hard... lol

Ramped up production isn't necessarily a great thing. I'm sure they also did this when Autopilot first came out. With many people expecting new Autopilot hardware coming in the end of the year this makes sence. If that's the case I can wait longer for the car!

Wow! Maybe mine will come earlier! I'm supposed to go into production mid to later this month with a delivery next month.

The wait is so hard... lol

I too have a VIN of 166XX, and have been told that delivery could be as early as mid-September... Of course the DS likes to also say "but it could be as late as early Oct, but thinks it will be mid-September... or maybe late September..." Really? Just give me a darn date and stick to it... Waiting is KILLING ME! Breath... patience is a virtue... really??? Well I guess I'm low on virtues! :/

I too have a VIN of 166XX, and have been told that delivery could be as early as mid-September... Of course the DS likes to also say "but it could be as late as early Oct, but thinks it will be mid-September... or maybe late September..." Really? Just give me a darn date and stick to it... Waiting is KILLING ME! Breath... patience is a virtue... really??? Well I guess I'm low on virtues! :/

You and me both! :)

I'm not quite sure where to post this but hoping one of you might have had the same experience. I ordered a Model X P90D with every option except for Ludicrous (I have 4 teenage boys) and the towing package. My order was confirmed on 7/19/16 and I got the VIN and the "in factory production queue" that same day. Neither the "my Tesla" page or the email from the DS contained an approximate build or delivery time frame. I'm thinking this might be due to the fact that when I ordered the X at the Tesla store I selected "first available" (instead of a specific month) which I was told meant that theoretically it would go into production as soon as possible. I was told that I could select a month if I was trying to work around the end of a lease or some other event. Have any of you chosen this "first available" option and if so were you ever given a time frame? We're on the East coast so I know that might make the delivery longer. My husband thinks we were told 6-8 weeks but I was so excited I don't remember. By the time this X arrives we might both be close to needing a support group. We've watched all of the American You Tube videos about the X and now are on to foreign videos. ;)

Yes I also chose first available. That means if according to the order page it's end of September. Mine was confirmed 7/22. So far I have not received a VIN yet. There are several people here ordered after me already received their VINs. I emailed my DS yesterday and he said my car is scheduled to be produced end of Sepember so I might get my VIN in two weeks. It's probably has to do with the particular config I have that gets produced a bit later.. Not really sure. Who knows maybe it will end up with new AP hardware (wishful thinking). Good luck!

Yes I also chose first available. That means if according to the order page it's end of September. Mine was confirmed 7/22. So far I have not received a VIN yet. There are several people here ordered after me already received their VINs. I emailed my DS yesterday and he said my car is scheduled to be produced end of Sepember so I might get my VIN in two weeks. It's probably has to do with the particular config I have that gets produced a bit later.. Not really sure. Who knows maybe it will end up with new AP hardware (wishful thinking). Good luck!
Thank you! I think I left out that I ordered the six seater. Hope you get the new hardware!

Hey hollyatl! Fellow peach here...

Is your DS in Marietta? I'm living vicariously through you!

You know what? I have been told several different things! First I had a DS assigned in Marietta. Then I had a woman at Lenox emailing and calling me about my trade-in. Now My Tesla page has a different DS listed, and states that I am taking delivery in Decatur. However, that DS has never responded to my email from two weeks ago with questions about lending and my trade-in, but another DS in Decatur was very helpful and answered all of my questions when I called last week. I am fine to take delivery wherever they want to give me the darned car, but it would be helpful to know who I am actually supposed to contact with questions!

I'm not quite sure where to post this but hoping one of you might have had the same experience. I ordered a Model X P90D with every option except for Ludicrous (I have 4 teenage boys) and the towing package. My order was confirmed on 7/19/16 and I got the VIN and the "in factory production queue" that same day. Neither the "my Tesla" page or the email from the DS contained an approximate build or delivery time frame. I'm thinking this might be due to the fact that when I ordered the X at the Tesla store I selected "first available" (instead of a specific month) which I was told meant that theoretically it would go into production as soon as possible. I was told that I could select a month if I was trying to work around the end of a lease or some other event. Have any of you chosen this "first available" option and if so were you ever given a time frame? We're on the East coast so I know that might make the delivery longer. My husband thinks we were told 6-8 weeks but I was so excited I don't remember. By the time this X arrives we might both be close to needing a support group. We've watched all of the American You Tube videos about the X and now are on to foreign videos. ;)
I think most ppl select first available... But to put it prospective. When I ordered the site said June/July delivery but a few weeks after that my DS told me Aug/Sept. I got my VIN the end of June and will take delivery Aug 19th. My Tesla doesn't really tell you anything and it is usually not updated.

• Helpful
Reactions: S-2-X