Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X September Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How exciting! Will be fun to start seeing more Xs on the road in ATL! I have seen what I suspect is the same blue one around Midtown/South Buckhead a few times over the past several months...
Yes very exciting!!! I have an official date of Aug 19th now. I've seen a white and black MX in the buckhead area... And soon to be another white one!!!!

I'm not quite sure where to post this but hoping one of you might have had the same experience. I ordered a Model X P90D with every option except for Ludicrous (I have 4 teenage boys) and the towing package. My order was confirmed on 7/19/16 and I got the VIN and the "in factory production queue" that same day. Neither the "my Tesla" page or the email from the DS contained an approximate build or delivery time frame. I'm thinking this might be due to the fact that when I ordered the X at the Tesla store I selected "first available" (instead of a specific month) which I was told meant that theoretically it would go into production as soon as possible. I was told that I could select a month if I was trying to work around the end of a lease or some other event. Have any of you chosen this "first available" option and if so were you ever given a time frame? We're on the East coast so I know that might make the delivery longer. My husband thinks we were told 6-8 weeks but I was so excited I don't remember. By the time this X arrives we might both be close to needing a support group. We've watched all of the American You Tube videos about the X and now are on to foreign videos. ;)
I did the same thing. Every night before sleep and every morning when I wake up.

Reactions: S-2-X
You know what? I have been told several different things! First I had a DS assigned in Marietta. Then I had a woman at Lenox emailing and calling me about my trade-in. Now My Tesla page has a different DS listed, and states that I am taking delivery in Decatur. However, that DS has never responded to my email from two weeks ago with questions about lending and my trade-in, but another DS in Decatur was very helpful and answered all of my questions when I called last week. I am fine to take delivery wherever they want to give me the darned car, but it would be helpful to know who I am actually supposed to contact with questions!

Wow, that's crazy.

When I placed my order, I didn't understand how the whole process works so I called Fremont like um, I put down my deposit last night so what's the next step? My DS called me later that day. :D

Do you live closer to Decatur? I'm equidistant to Marietta and Decatur. I wonder how they choose.

Hi All - I'm joining this thread and hoping to stay here and not move to October. My DS just told me my March 5th confirmed order X70D, VIN 117xx is still in "pre-production" and it's probably late September / early october estimated delivery. I was hoping for better news based on @sheadxn and several other 75D Xs deliveries occurring in August. Oh well. Perhaps I'll get upgraded AP hardware for my patience.

I wonder if there was a factory shutdown for a week or two for re-tooling? At least that would make me feel a little better about the wait.

Reactions: S-2-X
Hi All - I'm joining this thread and hoping to stay here and not move to October. My DS just told me my March 5th confirmed order X70D, VIN 117xx is still in "pre-production" and it's probably late September / early october estimated delivery. I was hoping for better news based on @sheadxn and several other 75D Xs deliveries occurring in August. Oh well. Perhaps I'll get upgraded AP hardware for my patience.

I wonder if there was a factory shutdown for a week or two for re-tooling? At least that would make me feel a little better about the wait.

This really confuses me. How is it that you confirmed in March and are tracking for late September, but people like me that confirmed in July are expecting it in similar time frame?

This really confuses me. How is it that you confirmed in March and are tracking for late September, but people like me that confirmed in July are expecting it in similar time frame?

Yeah, no kidding. I'm confused too. :confused: :mad: When I got my S three years ago, I waited 2 months from order to delivery.

Transit time to Hawaii is two weeks, on average, including dock time and prep.