Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X September Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to get an X but it bothers me that Tesla discriminates against those who get the 60/70 by putting them at the back of the bus for deliveries. But if I order a P90D I move to the front of the line. Does not sit right with me.

Not sure if this is accurate, I've seen it mentioned a couple of times that others have been told the line is currently optimized for the 90 battery pack. So it isn't even about the price of the build, but what's easiest to streamline. While not a great situation, it also makes sense.

Hi All - I'm joining this thread and hoping to stay here and not move to October. My DS just told me my March 5th confirmed order X70D, VIN 117xx is still in "pre-production" and it's probably late September / early october estimated delivery. I was hoping for better news based on @sheadxn and several other 75D Xs deliveries occurring in August. Oh well. Perhaps I'll get upgraded AP hardware for my patience.

I wonder if there was a factory shutdown for a week or two for re-tooling? At least that would make me feel a little better about the wait.
I wonder if your location has anything to do with it because it really doesn't make sense why it's taking so long for you. Or maybe they had a problem in production with you MX.

I wonder if your location has anything to do with it because it really doesn't make sense why it's taking so long for you. Or maybe they had a problem in production with you MX.

Transport to Hawaii from Fremont is no different than transporting to New York, Georgia, FL, etc. Just different means of travel. The ship sails almost every other day, and the transit time is about 6-7 days. According to the DS, my vehicle is not even in production yet, but I've come to realize that the DS' is just about as in the dark as we are.

• Informative
Reactions: S-2-X
Just received email from my DS that my X 90D is scheduled to go into production in the next week or following week, with expected delivery to Mid Atlantic area in September. Order 7/14, confirmed 7/21. VIN 15XXX. AP, 6 Seats, Black leather, High Amp Charger, PUP, SAS, UHFS, Subzero, Towing.

Reactions: TslaMom
Just received an email that my 75D is finished production and delivery is expected in early September. My order confirmed back in December

Glad to hear you both are getting your Xs soon. Still I don't understand Tesla's production scheduling logic since all three of us have 75s, and probably similar options. @tgbrad ordered way earlier than me and has a much earlier VIN, yet is only finishing production now; I ordered the beginning of March and am still not in production yet, and @choosetoshrug ordered much later than both of us, and has a VIN later than me, yet is likely going into production near or around the same time as me. :confused:

Just received email from my DS that my X 90D is scheduled to go into production in the next week or following week, with expected delivery to Mid Atlantic area in September. Order 7/14, confirmed 7/21. VIN 15XXX. AP, 6 Seats, Black leather, High Amp Charger, PUP, SAS, UHFS, Subzero, Towing.

I pushed up my order about a week after your confirmation date. I hope that mine will arrive in September! My VIN isn't too far off from yours!

Did they happen to mention when in September? All I got from my DS was a vague mid-late September answer. :confused:

Mine is exact time frame and probably falls with 100 VINs . Tried to contact DS and he wouldn't respond

Glad to hear you both are getting your Xs soon. Still I don't understand Tesla's production scheduling logic since all three of us have 75s, and probably similar options. @tgbrad ordered way earlier than me and has a much earlier VIN, yet is only finishing production now; I ordered the beginning of March and am still not in production yet, and @choosetoshrug ordered much later than both of us, and has a VIN later than me, yet is likely going into production near or around the same time as me. :confused:
My guess is it's because I didn't switch from coils to SAS until late June, so my X wasn't scheduled for production until then.

@TslaMom

DS email just says September. When I ordered the X online, the Tesla web site indicated "late September".

I'm talking with a number of folks about getting my X wrapped when it arrives -- drive it straight from the Tesla service center to the detailer. Bad news is that it takes about 6-7 days for that process (the material has to cure). Ergo, another week without my X!

@TslaMom

DS email just says September. When I ordered the X online, the Tesla web site indicated "late September".

I'm talking with a number of folks about getting my X wrapped when it arrives -- drive it straight from the Tesla service center to the detailer. Bad news is that it takes about 6-7 days for that process (the material has to cure). Ergo, another week without my X!

6-7 days? I thought it only took 2? At least that's what the installer told me. Are you doing SunTek, XPEL or Nano?