Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X September Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday my DS confirmed that we're still believing my 60D 6 seat to be a mid-Sept target (VIN 166xx)
It's a month today since I ordered my MX 90D. Order was confirmed Jul/26 with a VIN of 160XX. Still no updates on myTesla website. As part of the order confirmation email, my DS stated "we anticipate your Tesla should be ready for delivery around early to mid-September".

This wait is excruciating !

It's a month today since I ordered my MX 90D. Order was confirmed Jul/26 with a VIN of 160XX. Still no updates on myTesla website. As part of the order confirmation email, my DS stated "we anticipate your Tesla should be ready for delivery around early to mid-September".

This wait is excruciating !

Did they tell you when your car is scheduled to go into production? Your confirmation date is about a week before mine. VIN 167xxx. My DS told me mid to late August production, whatever that means :rolleyes:

I'm not even sure if they're updating that myTesla page anymore.

You all are lucky that your vehicles are going into production so quickly. My March order VIN 117xx is still in pre-production queue, although I also anticipate a late Sep or early October delivery. My DS is less than forthcoming with information, even when asked.

Did they tell you when your car is scheduled to go into production? Your confirmation date is about a week before mine. VIN 167xxx. My DS told me mid to late August production, whatever that means :rolleyes:

I'm not even sure if they're updating that myTesla page anymore.

Thanks for this. Called up my DS and got an update. The MX is in Production already and is being painted. Talking about an early September delivery.

Time to start looking for change under the sofa covers ...

Thanks for this. Called up my DS and got an update. The MX is in Production already and is being painted. Talking about an early September delivery.

Time to start looking for change under the sofa covers ...

Awesome news!

Your configuration is very similar to mine except I got 7 seats with a tan interior. If I'm mid September delivery then I think you'll just might be an early September delivery. We shall see...

Seems like there IS a method to their madness! ;):)

Awesome news!

Your configuration is very similar to mine except I got 7 seats with a tan interior. If I'm mid September delivery then I think you'll just might be an early September delivery. We shall see...

Seems like there IS a method to their madness! ;):)

Honestly .. I was so excited that asked my DS to repeat the fact that the MX is in production. Now that there is a [target] date, I got to start going down my punch list to prep delivery day, starting with financing, installing of the Wall Charger (which arrived last week) and of course going thru the delivery check list.

It's been said earlier in this thread, but if you look at the VIN compared with delivery dates, they're all over the place, no rhyme or reason whatsoever. Best way to estimate is to compare timing between others' order confirmation and delivery dates.
I don't think timing of order confirmation and delivery dates is an accurate representation either. Because they hand out vins according to when the order was placed, in sequential order. But they build the cars based on the options/colors/geographical location of the vehicles. So VIN 12151 and 15231 can be built together because they are similarly spec'd and VIN 11000 could be built later. From what I've come up with though, it seems like orders have slowed down quite a bit because the VINs haven't been increasing as fast as they used to.

• Informative
Reactions: S-2-X
I don't think timing of order confirmation and delivery dates is an accurate representation either. Because they hand out vins according to when the order was placed, in sequential order. But they build the cars based on the options/colors/geographical location of the vehicles. So VIN 12151 and 15231 can be built together because they are similarly spec'd and VIN 11000 could be built later. From what I've come up with though, it seems like orders have slowed down quite a bit because the VINs haven't been increasing as fast as they used to.
I am pretty sure they don't hand out VINs based on order date in sequential order. I ordered my car on 7/15, confirmed on 7/22, and didn't get a VIN until 8/14, ending in 17xxx for a 60D in SoCal. There were many members ordered 60D in SoCal after me received VINs in the 16xxx range on the same day the orders confirmed. However I think the estimated delivery date is about the same (not sure yet has no one has taken delivery)

• Informative
Reactions: S-2-X