Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X September Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess I'll jump on this thread now that we're in September. Had a 8/19 scheduled delivery date get postponed because my X 90D (#130xx) was not ready and just got confirmation today from my DS that...

...it is still in production.

As I mentioned in the August delivery thread, this wait has been painful. Put down the $5K on 07/2014, order confirmed on 06/08/2016. I'm just glad I got to attend one of the Meet Model X events. Due to scheduling conflicts and a botched appointment at the Century City showroom, my wife still hasn't even had an opportunity to test drive one!

Cars are occasionally held back for rectification or a missing part. Elon once talked about how the entire line is only as fast as the slowest supplier. That's why Tesla likes to in-source problematic parts. Waiting sucks, but if your car needed a few corrections, you want it to happen at the factory vs. the service centers.

Reactions: TslaMom
Maybe I'll stay in this thread if it's true but it's estimated for me late September to October. Just confirmed yesterday 8/31 and VIN assigned is 196XX which is significantly higher than the ones in here. Looks like they're cranking them out but the tell-tale sign will be when I get the going into production email. 4 weeks would be crazy.

Just four days earlier I received mine at 191XX wow the numbers are going up quickly, but no production date yet.

this is odd because i was assigned in late august production for mid September delivery with a VIN of 0108XX
and i have been seeing that all of you have higher numbers my is a 75D but still i have a vary low number i configured it in January maby that why , i'm hoping new Autopilot hardware gets installed for 2.0

this is odd because i was assigned in late august production for mid September delivery with a VIN of 0108XX
and i have been seeing that all of you have higher numbers my is a 75D but still i have a vary low number i configured it in January maby that why , i'm hoping new Autopilot hardware gets installed for 2.0

Same here - 75D 6-seater reserved in 2014, ordered in January with VIN 113xx. Just starting production now.... Still, very happy :)

My DS has been on 2 vacations since she was assigned to us. Without the vacations her responses would take a full day to respond to emails and I could never reach her over the phone. I'm glad we're close to delivery now.

At least your DS responds to emails! Mine still hasn't responded to emails dating back to mid-July. He did call me Saturday after I stopped by the service center to get info on my X. That was the first time he had contacted me even though I confirmed over two months ago! He said that his email in box was "a disgrace" and said I should call him instead of emailing. So I texted him earlier this week with a request for a doc that Alliant needs to process my loan, and still haven't heard back. I am super disappointed with the lack of communication. Not just the DS, but I am getting no My Tesla page updates or any of the emails from Tesla indicating that production is complete (which I was told verbally when I stopped by the store), which others are receiving per this forum.

I was just reading a profile of Kendall Jenner, and the author mentioned that Kendall had spent "a hundred grand" on her vintage car. It struck me because I am spending more than $100K on a car and this is the level of service/communication that I get??

I received an email yesterday that my Tesla started production. I just received another email saying its now complete. That's very quick.

Anyone know who is generating these emails? And why some of us receive them and others do not? My husband and I have both been checking our spam folders to make sure we haven't missed anything. And nothing since we confirmed 6/30, even though I was told last Saturday at the store that my X has been produced and is awaiting transport.

Reactions: S-2-X
Anyone know who is generating these emails? And why some of us receive them and others do not? My husband and I have both been checking our spam folders to make sure we haven't missed anything. And nothing since we confirmed 6/30, even though I was told last Saturday at the store that my X has been produced and is awaiting transport.

My email came from [email protected]. I confirmed 2 weeks after you (7/18) and just got my production email today. You should call the corporate number and look into why you are not receiving emails - perhaps a typo in your email address?

Like most of you, I'm sitting here waiting for info on my March 5th confirmed X75D, 6 seat order with VIN #117xx. I've had minimal communication of info from my DS as well and no emails from Tesla. I finally found out last week that the car was "in paint", whatever that means, and that I'm probably looking at a late September delivery, possibly early october. All of which is frustrating, since I'm also selling my S and I would like to minimize the down time. :mad:

Reactions: S-2-X
At least your DS responds to emails! Mine still hasn't responded to emails dating back to mid-July. He did call me Saturday after I stopped by the service center to get info on my X. That was the first time he had contacted me even though I confirmed over two months ago! He said that his email in box was "a disgrace" and said I should call him instead of emailing. So I texted him earlier this week with a request for a doc that Alliant needs to process my loan, and still haven't heard back. I am super disappointed with the lack of communication. Not just the DS, but I am getting no My Tesla page updates or any of the emails from Tesla indicating that production is complete (which I was told verbally when I stopped by the store), which others are receiving per this forum.

I was just reading a profile of Kendall Jenner, and the author mentioned that Kendall had spent "a hundred grand" on her vintage car. It struck me because I am spending more than $100K on a car and this is the level of service/communication that I get??

I'm not getting any emails either. :(

I wonder if the emails are market based or something new they just rolled out.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: S-2-X and nuevodesi
I've gotten a few emails direct from Tesla.
1. Confirming my reservation.
2. Confirming my order.
3. Reporting my X had completed production.

Nothing since then. I suspect the vehicle must go through QA and then arranging transport to mid Atlantic area. I'm guessing middle to late Sept for delivery. Unfortunately we have a long planned (and paid for) vacation that might occur at the same time the X arrives. My DS is aware of that and has promised to give me updates as the X makes its way out here.

I'm not getting any emails either. :(

I wonder if the emails is market based or something new they just rolled out.

Same here . No emails from Tesla, but have been calling up my DS for updates. He has been very responsive. The last time I talked with him, I asked him about the updates on myTesla, rather the lack of it. His response was that corporate is shifting to this new method of communication via DSs rather than thru the myTesla page. I suppose that is why I am not getting any emails either.

• Informative
Reactions: TslaMom