Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X September Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone asking about 2.0 hardware or retrofitablity ?

not worth the brain power.
owned my MS 85 since 2013.
Numerous things not retrofitable. I asked and tried for a few items and failed.
Of the few things that were retrofitable, ultimately decided against it since conflicting reports of the benefit.
also, retrofitting certain items costs much more than it should.

i say just enjoy the car as is.
if there is something that is a must have, then sell the car and buy again.

• Informative
Reactions: S-2-X and 4Amy
Having got the Tesla "Your Tesla is Complete" e-mail yesterday afternoon, I decided to check My Tesla on the website....and it still says my order is "in the factory production queue". How long after receiving the e-mail did you see the site update to reflect the status change and reveal a timeline for delivery?

I have not yet received any updates from my DS, but, since I'm going to be out of town (on vacation) soon, I decided to e-mail him that I would like to defer my delivery until I return. It's going to be a weird vacation...I'll be happy to be getting away, but itching to finally get behind the wheel of my X.

My Tesla still says that my X "is in the production queue" even though I know that it has been produced, and I have delivery scheduled for 9/28. I would definitely call your DS. Mine never reached out to me, but when I called him yesterday, he seemed to be expecting my call and wanted to schedule a delivery appointment. I kind of feel like if I had not reached out to him, he would have called me three weeks from now to introduce himself, tell me that my X is sitting on the lot, and would I like to pick it up the next day? :)

• Informative
Reactions: S-2-X
Having got the Tesla "Your Tesla is Complete" e-mail yesterday afternoon, I decided to check My Tesla on the website....and it still says my order is "in the factory production queue". How long after receiving the e-mail did you see the site update to reflect the status change and reveal a timeline for delivery?

I have not yet received any updates from my DS, but, since I'm going to be out of town (on vacation) soon, I decided to e-mail him that I would like to defer my delivery until I return. It's going to be a weird vacation...I'll be happy to be getting away, but itching to finally get behind the wheel of my X.
At least you received an email. My X would be delivered today if I didn't push out to the first available Saturday delivery and factory tour. I never received a completed email, myTesla still says it is in factory queue and I don't owe anything to Tesla when my Credit Union pays them, which I will hold until the end.

At least you received an email. My X would be delivered today if I didn't push out to the first available Saturday delivery and factory tour. I never received a completed email, myTesla still says it is in factory queue and I don't owe anything to Tesla when my Credit Union pays them, which I will hold until the end.
Did DS contact you to notify completion of the production?
My DS insists that I will receive confirmation email once production is complete

Did DS contact you to notify completion of the production?
My DS insists that I will receive confirmation email once production is complete
For what it's worth, I confirmed in Apr. Next data point was my VIN showing up in Jul on MyTesla-- no email or call. My first contact since ordering was a phone call in late Aug- "Your car is ready for pickup."
So, lack of pushed info doesn't mean that progess is not being made.
None of this bothered me as I knew that more emails or calls weren't going to make our MX show up any sooner.

The lack of consistency in the communication protocols and methods among DS' and in different regions of the country is confusing and frustrating. Tesla definitely needs to get a solid, consistent system worked out and running smoothly before they start delivering 3s, especially since the 3 is even more highly anticipated

Reactions: S-2-X and TslaMom
Received a email saying "Your Tesla has entered production" - on 09/07, reached out to DS and she said it will be delivered on 09/22 at Fremont.

X60, Confirmed: 7/24; Blue/White, PUP, SWP, SAS, VIN: 155XX, Delivery: Mid/Late Sep

Received a email saying "Your Tesla has entered production" - on 09/07, reached out to DS and she said it will be delivered on 09/22 at Fremont.

X60, Confirmed: 7/24; Blue/White, PUP, SWP, SAS, VIN: 155XX, Delivery: Mid/Late Sep
Congrats. If you don't mind sharing, who is your DS? Production is taking longer than 2 weeks at fremont pickup. Mine has been in production for more than 2 weeks

I didn't get a response when I e-mailed my DS...but I just received a "We are Prepping Your Tesla for Delivery" e-mail. I reluctantly replied that I won't be available to pick her up until after my trip.

In case anyone was wondering, I'm waiting on a white (black leather interior) 90D 6 seater with autopilot and towing package...and this will be my first Tesla (I've been a SolarCity customer since 2010).

The lack of consistency in the communication protocols and methods among DS' and in different regions of the country is confusing and frustrating. Tesla definitely needs to get a solid, consistent system worked out and running smoothly before they start delivering 3s, especially since the 3 is even more highly anticipated

I totally agree!! We're picking up tomorrow. Do you have any news? You've been waiting so long, I feel your pain!

Last edited:
Reactions: long