Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Service & Elon's Tweetstorm

Will Tesla Inc. Die Without Elon Musk?

• Yes

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • No

Votes: 27 43.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Bought by an ICE Company

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Will Do Better Without Elon

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Musk Should Be Removed for Tesla to Perform Better

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If Elon is removed as Tesla's CEO (essentially kicked out of the company) by the SEC, can Tesla survive without Elon? Especially if it posts losses again like it always has except in 2018? Elon's aura, in addition to the Model S, is what kept this company going despite the losses.

Will owners be able to get their Teslas serviced or repaired if the company closes its doors after Elon is gone or is bought by an ICE brand (that could likely kill off the electric car, again)?

• Funny
Reactions: dogldogl and McManX
...can Tesla survive without Elon...

Elon Musk is a human. Human can die or be taken away but a company can live on just like the same way when Steve Jobs died, Apple still lives on.

...get their Teslas serviced or repaired if the company closes its doors...

If Tesla will vanish from the earth, you just have to count on Do-It-Yourself experts.

Reactions: jboy210 and cgrubbe
Elon Musk is a human. Human can die or be taken away but a company can live on just like the same way when Steve Jobs died, Apple still lives on.

If Tesla will vanish from the earth, you just have to count on Do-It-Yourself experts.

Not really a fair comparison to make it with apple. Convenient yes, but much more complex. Just hope that this doesn’t happen.

Reactions: 1375mlm and bayx
i dont get why the SEC is butt hurt. the 500k figure isn't that far fetched based on current trends. and he obviously didn't post it to sway stock price, and quickly corrected himself.

i think the SEC is just itching to get after him that's all cuz he insulted them.

Reactions: 1375mlm
...much more complex...

Life goes on!

When the U.S. had an embargo on Cuba, U.S. cars have been running without any U.S. parts.

Such as 1950's Ford Edsel below:

GettyImages-79957609.jpg

If Tesla goes bankrupt, maybe we should move to Cuba to make sure our cars still run without any Tesla parts :)

Unfortunately, in the corporate world the very 'human' mistakes are not forgiven without some form of punishment!

Jobs had already taken Apple to the top by the time he died, not really an equal comparison. If Jobs didn't take over Apple in its dying days, it might very well have died back in the late 90s. Tesla is where Apple was in the 90s, which is why it needs Elon at least until another decade prolly.

DIY would be ok if we knew how to procure Tesla parts!:D

Reactions: bayx
I think Tesla is now viable without Elon. There's no doubt it needs strong leadership, as does any company. But as we've seen recently, maybe Tesla has already grown to a point where the impulsive, high risk and sometimes erratic behaviour of a single human being is not beneficial and possibly detrimental.

Ideally I would like to see Elon continue as the figure head of Tesla, but in a less dominant role i.e. with some grown-ups around to keep things real!

I think Tesla is now viable without Elon. There's no doubt it needs strong leadership, as does any company. But as we've seen recently, maybe Tesla has already grown to a point where the impulsive, high risk and sometimes erratic behaviour of a single human being is not beneficial and possibly detrimental.

Ideally I would like to see Elon continue as the figure head of Tesla, but in a less dominant role i.e. with some grown-ups around to keep things real!
The grown ups keep quitting because they would rather be around other grown ups.

Elon or no Elon, they just took a huge risk by closing all its retail stores and moving sales online & they don't even have a marketing campaign, yet!

maybe. but over 3/4ths of tesla owners bought their cars online without even test driving them. The % of Model 3 owners who bought their cars without even knowing anything about the car is even greater.

Honestly, everytime i've bought a car, test driving it never swayed me one way or another. i was already convinced in what i wanted. the test drive was just a formality.