Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Service Plans

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone who has ordered gotten any information on the pricing of Model X service plans? One would assume the pricing would be similar to Model S, but will replacement of the bioweapon defense mode HEPA filter be included in annual service? I wonder how much it would cost to replace that filter without a service plan. I'm leaning towards ordering the premium upgrades package, but I am sort of wondering if replacing the filter is going to be on the order of an additional $500 per year?

I got the Design Button today. Did not see anything about the service plan there. I would imagine it is shown/addressed after the order is placed.

Is that a function of the DS?? Will try to find out tomorrow at the local SC and Super Charger location.

Has anyone who has ordered gotten any information on the pricing of Model X service plans? One would assume the pricing would be similar to Model S, but will replacement of the bioweapon defense mode HEPA filter be included in annual service? I wonder how much it would cost to replace that filter without a service plan. I'm leaning towards ordering the premium upgrades package, but I am sort of wondering if replacing the filter is going to be on the order of an additional $500 per year?

Great question. Wish I thought of it when I was asking my DS about the service plan. My guess is they don't yet know what the service cost is on the filter, but they should know the recommended time frame for it.

Posted a question to this effect as well. Also no HPWC add-on, no Extended Warranty add-on. Maybe they're still working out pricing. Not excited to have to make those choices at the time of writing my check to get the car delivered.

If I recall correctly, Model S didn't have its service plans out until about a month or two after my delivery as well.

If I recall correctly, Model S didn't have its service plans out until about a month or two after my delivery as well.

I think you're right, now that you say that... I guess I just attributed that to the fact that they were still figuring things out. Would have assumed that they'd have all that sort of thing down pat by now and would make it part of the configuration process.

I think you're right, now that you say that... I guess I just attributed that to the fact that they were still figuring things out. Would have assumed that they'd have all that sort of thing down pat by now and would make it part of the configuration process.

You (and I) might assume that... :)

I got a call from Tesla to address my questions in the OP (which I emailed to the build my x email) and the answer is 'we don't know yet'. I tried a tweet at Elon, maybe he will have something to say and I can screenshot it before legal makes him delete the tweet :wink:

Bump .. Given that you can only purchase a service plan within 60 days of purchasing the vehicle, are any owners who took delivery in December able to see pricing and purchase a service plan? The service plan page has been updated to say "Tesla vehicle" in some places, but still references Model S in many others.

Bump .. Given that you can only purchase a service plan within 60 days of purchasing the vehicle, are any owners who took delivery in December able to see pricing and purchase a service plan? The service plan page has been updated to say "Tesla vehicle" in some places, but still references Model S in many others.

Call the service center, they now administer the plan purchases.