Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X service plans

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Has anyone heard any news regarding the service plans for the X? I am coming up on 60 days relatively soon and their website states plans must be purchased by that time. From what I've heard, they are still working those things out, but I thought I would ask if anyone has more concrete information.

Thx

Hi,

Has anyone heard any news regarding the service plans for the X? I am coming up on 60 days relatively soon and their website states plans must be purchased by that time. From what I've heard, they are still working those things out, but I thought I would ask if anyone has more concrete information.

Thx

The answer from my DS Friday was that they do not yet have it ready. There will be no "60 day" limit from time of delivery, but might be a 60 day from time of announcement to all who have had delivery. I am expecting it to be about 5-10% more than the MS plans, but that is just speculation on my part. I suspect that the bean counters are trying to wrap their minds around the data they are slowly assembling from the minimal deliveries to date.

They just updated the plans recently (not sure when). Prices were raised. Service plans | Tesla Motors

TeslaServicePlans.png

Note it includes the cabin filters. I will probably get it for that and the A/C maintenance. Everything else I could do myself or have my mechanic do.

This is the Model S service plan. Model X service plan has not been issued.

Reservation #: 8143
Order Confirmed: 12/17/2015
VIN: 000251
VIN Assigned: 12/23/2015
Scheduled Deliver: 2/10/2016 - 2/17/2016
Delivery Service Center: Orlando. FL

P90D | Titanium Metalic Paint | Tan Leather | Ash wood decor | Light Headliner | 20" silver helix wheels | Premium upgrade package | Autopilot Convience Features | Six seat configuration (2-2-2) | Towing Package | 75 Amp Charging

This is the Model S service plan. Model X service plan has not been issued.

This is very interesting. I had the same notion that this was for the Model S and not X and went to site to check yesterday . When I read it then, I swear it said Model S and Model X in the description, but today it only says Model S. Did anyone else see the Model X included in description yesterday?

from Service plans | Tesla Motors

This is very interesting. I had the same notion that this was for the Model S and not X and went to site to check yesterday . When I read it then, I swear it said Model S and Model X in the description, but today it only says Model S. Did anyone else see the Model X included in description yesterday?

from Service plans | Tesla Motors

I checked the link shortly after madodel first posted it, and it did reference Model X at that time.

I checked the link shortly after madodel first posted it, and it did reference Model X at that time.

If Tesla charges significantly more than the Model S service plan, they will be pointing at themselves saying we over engineered the Model X and it is going to be significantly more difficult to maintain. Even if this is true, they might not want to bring attention to it.

For folks who had the S, are the service plans worth it? Which package do folks recommend getting?
The air filter and a/c maintenance seems good, but what else seems like a must have from Tesla service? Do they cover checking the FWDs, sensors, and any other relevant hardware/software maintenance? Not sure what "multi point" inspection means.
For peace of mind, seems like the easy choice is to get the 3 or 4 yr package, but I'd just like to know more details of what goes into it.
Perhaps I just need to read through the manual to find more maintenance details.