Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X service schedules

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get too see a service schedule for a model X, I'm very keen to know what the service actually consists of, what parts are changed, pollen filter etc, and at what intervals things like the brake fluid are changed, and is there a mandatory check of Brake pads?

I'm keen to get an idea before committing to any service plans etc.

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get too see a service schedule for a model X, I'm very keen to know what the service actually consists of, what parts are changed, pollen filter etc, and at what intervals things like the brake fluid are changed, and is there a mandatory check of Brake pads?
I'm keen to get an idea before committing to any service plans etc.

All of that is covered completely in the Owners manual. Available on the screen in the car, or download a copy from your My.tesla page. See the chapter "Maintenance."

The manual says:

"take Model X to Tesla at the regularly scheduled maintenance intervals of every 12 months, or every 12,500 miles (20,000 km)"

I don't see any details about what is performed by Tesla service. Aside from this:
- Brake fluid replacement every 2 years or 25,000 miles
- Battery coolant every 4 years or 50,000 miles

I thought I saw on a forum that they check the individual battery cell voltages (like the "Scan My Tesla" or "Tesla Spy" apps).

And of course the mandatory "Check your windshield washer fluid", which by the way, is the only visible cap accessible without taking off trim pieces.

I'm really dubious about taking the car in for service myself. I just don't see anything they need to mess with. But surely someone who has had the annual service done can tell us more!

I have seen people commenting on only going to do the 2 and 4 year appointments. Skipping the 1 and 3. I think this is what I'm going to do when I get my X :)
Yes, the Maintenance section of the Owner's Manual doesn't mandate annual inspections. Two years for changing brake fluids seems to be the major service issue. Hardly worth driving an hour each way to a SC and leaving the car for a day or more.