Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Model X Sets New SUV Record in the Quarter-Mile

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]A Model X lined up against a Jeep Trackhawk equipped with a 707 horsepower Hellcat motor and managed to set a record for the fastest SUV in the world.

The team behind YouTube channel Drag Times filmed the Model X P100D with Ludicrous+ mode as it ran the quarter-mile in 11.281-seconds at 118.37 mph.

Check out the world record run in the video below.[/vc_column_text][vc_video link=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqHPsyadNbM” video_title=”1″][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Last edited by a moderator:
What is a “PMSD”? If you mean a Model S P100D, I would point out that this thread is about the Model X P100D pitted against a Jeep Trackhawk.
Sorry, to put in your lexicon, it was a Model X P100D against a Jaguar I-Pace which is AWD The I-Pace appeared to beat the MX handily from 0-60 and the implication was that it would continue to beat it through the 1/4 mile.

• Disagree
Reactions: mal_tsla
I-Pace raced a 75D and a 100D, which seemed like it was going to reel it in before they stopped the race at 60. I can't wait to see the 1/4 mile run for the Jag, since they seem very keen to stop their races at 60.

But a P100D would demolish the Jag. It runs a 2.9s to 60. No contest. Much more expensive however.

All subjective, of course, but my personal opinion is that the only thing better than the sound of a great engine is no sound at all. I always loved the sound of my cars before... now I love the silence of a Tesla even more.
I will admit I sometimes miss the sound of the engine. That being said, I think I've always appreciate engines like the one in the Hellcat from afar. Prior to my Tesla, I only drove 4 cylinder engines. Between my civic, 2004 subaru Sti, ford escape hybrid, and bmw 328i, I will always love/miss that STi engine, for reason including and beyond the sound. But, I was young and it was an incredibly impractical car for me. And it took premium gas, got 17mpg, and I owned it 2006-2007 when gas prices were insane in California, and I wasn't making much money then. I kindof wish I had kept it longer, would have been cheaper to operate during the recession. :)