Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Shipping

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,
I bought a Tesla model x from USA and i will ship it to Egypt but it will take about 45 to 60 days to arrive.
what about the 12v battery ? will it survive 60 days ? or do i have to detach the hot wire from it or leave it and use Car Jump Starter when it arrive ?

Thank you

Reactions: K3Man
The car charges the 12v with its own battery pack. As long as you have juice in the car I don’t see any issue.

If you lose the HV battery in transit, you are in a world of hurt, especially in a country where Teslas are not sold. The 12V battery is kept charged by the HV battery. If you figure 2% per day loss on HV battery, 60 days is going to be tough. Will a car built for North America even charge in Egypt?

If you lose the HV battery in transit, you are in a world of hurt, especially in a country where Teslas are not sold. The 12V battery is kept charged by the HV battery. If you figure 2% per day loss on HV battery, 60 days is going to be tough. Will a car built for North America even charge in Egypt?
I bought a wall charger from Tesla 110\220v for home charging and also there is type 2 chargers in Egypt so i will buy an adapter for it.
and also my daily milage is 35 a day

At least it will lose close to 1% per day of your main battery capacity so 60 days is cutting close if your car doesn't have enough charge. If I were you I would charge to 100% before shipping or at least over 90%, set the power save mode if your firmware has the setting, and turn off smart air conditioning and cabin heat protection.

12V battery is a common part and don't worry about it. It will also be charged from the main battery.

Reactions: Heshammedhat
At least it will lose close to 1% per day of your main battery capacity so 60 days is cutting close if your car doesn't have enough charge. If I were you I would charge to 100% before shipping or at least over 90%, set the power save mode if your firmware has the setting, and turn off smart air conditioning and cabin heat protection.

12V battery is a common part and don't worry about it. It will also be charged from the main battery.
Thank you so much

Thank you
I just want to get it off the container then i can get in on a big car to deliver it to my house for Charging

Well in case it arrives totally high voltage and 12 voltage battery dead, it'll be hard. Make sure it is loaded into a container where the front can be opened. In this scenario you would have to use the frunk release lever under the car to manually open front, take off the frunk fuse/12v cover, manually jump the 12v (bit odd to hook up on each side but some info on it exist), and then after a while it would let you charge... the 12v being jumped should allow for the car to be put in a new gear then like neutral to be pulled/towed out of container, etc as well. Can't do anything to gears, doors, or even any high voltage charging, etc until 12v is charged up.

• Helpful
Reactions: hiroshiy
Well in case it arrives totally high voltage and 12 voltage battery dead, it'll be hard. Make sure it is loaded into a container where the front can be opened. In this scenario you would have to use the frunk release lever under the car to manually open front, take off the frunk fuse/12v cover, manually jump the 12v (bit odd to hook up on each side but some info on it exist), and then after a while it would let you charge... the 12v being jumped should allow for the car to be put in a new gear then like neutral to be pulled/towed out of container, etc as well. Can't do anything to gears, doors, or even any high voltage charging, etc until 12v is charged up.
Thank you very much you are so helpful

im actually deeply interested in how all this works. be sure to show us pictures of ur car, charging installation, experience driving where tesla isn't supported, etc.
Hello again,
I recived my car and it works for one month until niw i installed the wall charger at my house and it works it charge 10 kwh and i am satisfied because my daily use is about 100 km and here in Egypt now there is 67 charging stations and DC chargers which charge my car very fast not as fast as super charger of course but it take about one hour to fully charge my 75 kw battery

Hello everyone,
I bought a Tesla model x from USA and i will ship it to Egypt but it will take about 45 to 60 days to arrive.
what about the 12v battery ? will it survive 60 days ? or do i have to detach the hot wire from it or leave it and use Car Jump Starter when it arrive ?

Thank you
Thak you guys for supporting me. My model X works for month now with no problem Thank you again

Reactions: hiroshiy and K3Man