TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X Sightings in Canada

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Doug_G, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

My first in-the-wild sighting of a Model X was at our back yard "bird feeder", aka the 70A charging station in our rear parking lot. This beautiful car is one month old, and on its first visit to Ottawa (from Toronto).

IMG_5751.JPG

Fortunately the charger had just freed up! It had been charging a Smart ED just minutes before.

• Like x 1
  2. Local host

Local host Member

First multi-coat red I have seen.

3. hingisfan

hingisfan hingisfan_Mark_V

Saw a white beauty in Kingston the other day...
    20160812_111558.jpg

• Like x 1
  4. wayner

wayner Active Member

No HOV for Lily. Too bad you can't get green vanity plates.

5. agloutney

agloutney Member

Just saw my first one in the wild the other day on Hwy 20 just west of Montreal. It was also red so maybe the same one.

6. AnitaToronto

AnitaToronto Member

My friend in Ottawa got a white one delivered recently. My husband spotted a black one on the 401 around Allen Rd in Toronto today.

7. Blazing Whisper

While walking I saw a beautiful red Model X driving down Wynford Drive in Toronto last week. Made me stop and stare. That was my first good look at one in the wild where previously I saw one driving on the 401.

• Helpful x 1
  8. Aussie Bob

Aussie Bob Member

Saw ithe white one yesterday at Centrum Plaza while we were waiting for the light to change.

9. phigment

phigment Member

No pics, but I've seen a MC red one in my neighbourhood in Waterloo twice. Not sure where the owners live though... would love to get a better look if I got the chance.

10. f-stop

f-stop Member

been seeing quite a few Model X driving around Vancouver - the latest, this white one while I waited to pull into the adjacent charging spot. I assume a new owner, taking a while to back in and/or being extra careful while being coached by the passenger (maybe next time she'll realize she doesn't need to back in & block traffic here - the HPWC cable is long enough to pull straight in!)

ModelX.jpg

meanwhile inside the mall itself there was coincidentally another white Model X on display as a promo for the upcoming "Supercar & Luxury Weekend" event. The Model X looked sharp and was keeping good company with a McLaren 650S Spider, Aston Martin DB9, a couple of Lamborghini Huracans and a Jaguar F-type R coupe.

IMG_3965 copy.jpg

11. cmt489

cmt489 Member

Ha ha! Glad it wasn't a midnight silver or I would be hanging my head in shame. I will admit that after a month and a half of ownership I am still hesitant in maneuvering mine around and backing into spaces. My last car was a lot smaller and I am still getting used to my clearance.

Also, what mall so I know where I can charge if it is ever necessary when out and about?

12. f-stop

f-stop Member

I'll be on the lookout then for a midnight silver X then :)
    don't feel bad - my S is much bigger than my old car too and I find the rearward visibility of the S not so great, so I'm still careful when backing mine anywhere too.

The photo was taken at Oakridge Centre, there are 4 J1772 Chargepoint spots, plus 2 80A HPWC - free, with 4hr max parking while shopping. Convenient but quite popular spots. feel free to PM me if you need any other local charging info.

• Like x 1