Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Signature Configuration has begun!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You know, I wouldn't take the word of anyone at Tesla right now as to what the seats can do. I think half of them have no idea and are making false assumptions. If indeed it turns out to be a true small boondoggle (the reality, not the communication), I think the most likely cause is that the demographic of most Tesla employees doesn't match the demographic of most of the folks reserving Model Xs.

I have tried this on my SUV and it is a PITA to get anything between 2 car seats, let alone another car seat!

Middle seat does not have a LATCH system. Although, I'm sure you can fit three narrow seats such as Foonf using seat belts.

You can see that LATCH is not available in the middle seat from the interior photo. LATCH indicators are those small circles near the bottom of the seat back.

No further invites to configure appear to have been sent out. Looks like all signature USA reservations holders have been invited, but no updates on any expected deliveries yet. Will be interesting to see if the first batch of USA production reservation holders comes before signature deliveries. That would be a very good sign some deliveries would be forthcoming!

No further invites to configure appear to have been sent out. Looks like all signature USA reservations holders have been invited, but no updates on any expected deliveries yet. Will be interesting to see if the first batch of USA production reservation holders comes before signature deliveries. That would be a very good sign some deliveries would be forthcoming!

So where does that leave the Canadian Sig reservations ?

Hopefully not a repeat of the Model S productions delivered before signatures unless there are CND gov approval issues again.

I did receive a "Your order has been modified" email from Tesla today with the Six Seat Interior change. This appeared earlier at My Tesla, but maybe they waited until the end of the week after the Launch Event to send out a new Order Agreement attachment and the list of the features. IMHO, they must be in a hurry as the boilerplate email page is for Model S, there are no wheels shown on the vehicle views and the photos are all from Model S with the wrong colors. The Model X P90D list is accurate and that is what counts.

Has anyone actually gotten/taken delivery of their Model S Signature yet? Not that I'm aware of - but then again, I don't know *everybody* on the forum - Dana Hull, Bloomberg News. [email protected]

They did that, like, three years ago... :tongue:

Edit: But to answer your real question, no I don't believe any Model X have been delivered aside from Founders.

Dana Hull - Businessweek

shortest bio ever

Bio
Dana Hull is a reporter for Bloomberg News.

------------------------------

Hah. I know Dana & she's a journalist (not someone who lifts quotes from the forum or misstates the facts just to make a story). She covers Tesla and SpaceX for Bloomberg. Before that, she covered Tesla and other areas for San Jose Mercury News.

I'd have no issue with talking with her.

yeah, I just found the top 2 google results to be content free considering I was looking for info about the author not more articles. I found it amusing, no offense intended.

Last edited:
Hah. I know Dana & she's a journalist (not someone who lifts quotes from the forum or misstates the facts just to make a story). She covers Tesla and SpaceX for Bloomberg. Before that, she covered Tesla and other areas for San Jose Mercury News.

I'd have no issue with talking with her.

I have talked to Dana. Her reports are fair and she does her best to check facts before reporting. I agree with Bonnie...she is a OK by me.