Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Signature Configuration has begun!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Couple of small tidbits:
Cupholders, eight total: 1st row (4), 2nd row (2), 3rd row (2)
Childseat capacity, 4-5 total: 2nd row (2-3 depending on type of seat), 3rd row (2)​

Thanks Bonnie, you're a wealth of information. Any idea where the extra 2 cup-holders are located in the first row? I only see the 2 on the console. Are there 2 in the doors as well?

Blu-Ray/DVD systems feel old and antiquated now already. I think they expect any family with the means to purchase a Model X also have the means to purchase personal tablets for each kid. They're going to be selling this generation of Model X for 6-8 years. Blu-Ray and DVD will feel even more out-of-date by then.

While I agree that that discs are quickly becoming antiquated and tablets for the kids is a good solution... there are times when having the DVD system in our minivan is invaluable with young kids on long trips. We have control, can turn it off, pause it, etc. all from the front seat. As the kids get older it's less needed. That being said, I would be surprised if it was included.

Couple of small tidbits:
Cupholders, eight total: 1st row (4), 2nd row (2), 3rd row (2)
Childseat capacity, 4-5 total: 2nd row (2-3 depending on type of seat), 3rd row (2)​

How do you know this Bonnie (I'm not doubting you, just curious as to your source)? Can you find out if there is some sort of option for getting the second row seats out of the way when you occasionally want to transport cargo. Even if it a bench seat option...

Oh, and what about ventilation? A big knock against the Model S is lack of adequate second and third row seat ventilation. Did they fix this in the X?

And while I'm at it, is the frunk useable? As in the original Model S frunk is useable, but the D version has too tiny a frunk to do much with. Will the X have a bugger frunk than the D, maybe as big as the original Model S?

Thanks Bonnie, you're a wealth of information. Any idea where the extra 2 cup-holders are located in the first row? I only see the 2 on the console. Are there 2 in the doors as well?

Could be on the door. When we take long trips our other car actually has two cup holders and a storage compartment on each of the front doors. Perfect for bottled water and it even fits cups. Perhaps Tesla did something similar. Or is that two cup holders that block the arm rests and the two cup holders in the center console?

I'm amazed how much discussion there is about the seats. Personally, I don't need the third row so it doesn't interest me much (although I'm hoping they do something cool). I'd just like to know how much it's going to cost at this point (models and options).

A commenter on my Gas2 post speculated as such:

So the Model X P90D gets 240 miles per charge. That equates to 89.6% of the Model S P90D's range (10.4% difference). Using that percentage to extrapolate range gives these ranges for the Model X.
Model X P90D 240 miles
Model X P85D 226 miles
Model X 90D 256 miles
Model X 85D 242 miles
Model X 70D 215 miles

Tesla Model X P90D To Have 0-60 Time Of 3.8 Seconds (3.2 Seconds With Ludicrous Mode) - Gas 2

I'd say that's a good guess on range. Regarding price, a fully loaded Model X seems to be practically the same as a fully loaded Model S, so I'd expect similar pricing down the line as well.

I guess we'll find out soon enough. Notice how flat the back of the second row seats are. I think they'll rest on the ground. I just can't see how the second row can submarine below and spoon up against the first row.

Being no hinge on the second row seats so the backs can recline, I think that those are the only two options; rotating and laying flat or lowering and spooning.

Yup. We'll see. The lack of hinge makes me think it's the spooning. Plus why not let recline for seating then? The control doesn't offer that.

model x dilivery

I am number 950 in the country. I called Tesla home office today and found out they started sending out configurations today. However, they would not tell me how many they sent out. They would not tell me how many or how often they will be sending out in the future. They would not tell me how many cars they are making in September. I found this very frustrating. This is a public company not the NSA. I gave them a lot of money two years ago and am a customer. I have never worked with any company that treated its loyal customers with such disrespect. They build the best car in the word, but they are the worst in customer service. I have left messages with the Cfo, the director of Customer Service, the Director of production asking one simple question. What should I expect and when. No one has ever called me back.
If I hadn't waited two years already with bad information all along, I would be very suspect about working with them. As we all know, we were promised this car a year ago, then in December, then in the first quarter, and now this month Now they wont tell me when I will be called or when I will get the car. Is it just me or does anyone else find this the worst customer care of any company of this stature you have ever dealt with?
JA

I am number 950 in the country. I called Tesla home office today and found out they started sending out configurations today. However, they would not tell me how many they sent out. They would not tell me how many or how often they will be sending out in the future. They would not tell me how many cars they are making in September. I found this very frustrating. This is a public company not the NSA. I gave them a lot of money two years ago and am a customer. I have never worked with any company that treated its loyal customers with such disrespect. They build the best car in the word, but they are the worst in customer service. I have left messages with the Cfo, the director of Customer Service, the Director of production asking one simple question. What should I expect and when. No one has ever called me back.
If I hadn't waited two years already with bad information all along, I would be very suspect about working with them. As we all know, we were promised this car a year ago, then in December, then in the first quarter, and now this month Now they wont tell me when I will be called or when I will get the car. Is it just me or does anyone else find this the worst customer care of any company of this stature you have ever dealt with?
JA
I think a week ago you would have gotten a lot of people to agree with you.
Today we all just want them to get the first NNN Signatures configured built and delivered. And my guess is they are focusing on that. #950? I'd guess they'll deliver the first 12 in the last week of September. And then double week over week.So the first 400 by the end of October. And certainly the next 2000 in November...
So you'll get yours by mid November or earlier

JA
Wow. Self-important entitlement issues much?

I guess we'll find out soon enough. Notice how flat the back of the second row seats are. I think they'll rest on the ground. I just can't see how the second row can submarine below and spoon up against the first row.

Being no hinge on the second row seats so the backs can recline, I think that those are the only two options; rotating and laying flat or lowering and spooning.
BUT...the interior picture shows that there's no way for the seats to rotate flat!?! They can't fold and the for/aft travel of the pedestal is evident. They're not going to rotate back and expose the leather to cargo and they can't rotate forward for a variety of reasons which should be obvious.

There are two options for increasing the cargo volume rear of the 2nd row: 1) translate the seats forward at the sitting height, or 2) partially submarine the seats underneath the front row.

Think Supercharger use. The charge port will be in the same place.

That's just it. Nearly all SC's I've been to you have to back in. I don't like that. I'd prefer to pull straight in. Also, I'd venture to guess it's a shorter wire run to have your garage outlet on the back wall(towards the nose of the vehicle). I'd have to run another 30-40' of wire just to have it nearer the rear. All the more sense to have the port in the front. Just my $.02.

For sake of commonality, I'd be shocked if Tesla moved the charge port from where the S has it.

JA

...echoing the sentiments of the guy in China that smashed his windshield.

JA

Wow. Self-important entitlement issues much?

I don't see this as entitlement at all.

jayarb isn't asking to be moved up in line or asking for a discount.

The fact of the matter is that this is just the latest in what I view as one of the biggest things Tesla needs to improve on: customer communications. It's a pattern that has stretched back to the Roadster days. How many customers of the P85D didn't get a straight answer when their cars weren't delivered with the Next-Generation seats or Torque Sleep software?

As a shareholder in Tesla, I think that jayarb is fully within their rights to be irritated with the company.

If I put down a massive deposit on a Tesla, I think I'd deserve an answer to that simple question too, even if the answer is "we just don't know at this point".

I don't see this as entitlement at all.

jayarb isn't asking to be moved up in line or asking for a discount.

The fact of the matter is that this is just the latest in what I view as one of the biggest things Tesla needs to improve on: customer communications. It's a pattern that has stretched back to the Roadster days. How many customers of the P85D didn't get a straight answer when their cars weren't delivered with the Next-Generation seats or Torque Sleep software?

As a shareholder in Tesla, I think that jayarb is fully within their rights to be irritated with the company.

If I put down a massive deposit on a Tesla, I think I'd deserve an answer to that simple question too, even if the answer is "we just don't know at this point".

Maybe it's not a simple answer...