Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X smash repair in Sydney

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model X (delivered January 2017) was involved in a low speed head-on collision in early December. It's about to come back from the Tesla approved repair shop (in early March). There was about $A60,000 in repair cost.

With such a major repair I'm concerned to make sure the work has been done properly. It's a reputable shop, but I still want to be sure, for example, that the sub-frame is straight within manufacturer's tolerances, that the front suspension has been replaced wherever necessary, etc.

How can I get someone who is independent of the repairer and the insurance company to make sure the work has been done properly, and that all parts that need to be replaced have been replaced?
X_smash_1.jpeg
X_smash_1.jpeg

Attachments

• X_smash_2.jpeg
    X_smash_2.jpeg
    470 KB · Views: 69
You can always take it to the service center. From the pics, looks like all front sheet metal and subframe set at the minimum. Tesla set a few rules for front end repair in their Technical service bulletins that approved pannel repair shops have to comply with. The front suspension one is listed somewhere on the forum.