TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X Snow Tires

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by aja2460, Nov 15, 2015.

1. aja2460

aja2460 Old Member

Wonder if there's any chance that my 19 inch winter tires would fit on my Model X. If the rolling diameter is the same, would they be OK? I really would prefer not to buy another $2500 set of winter tires and wheels for the couple of months that I would use them.

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

The problems will likely be brake clearance and carrying capacity along with wheel offset. If the tire's RPMs are the same (within 2%), there won't be a problem in that area.
    However, my strong recommendation is for a second set of wheels and tires because every time you mount and demount tires, there is a chance of damaging them. (Used wheels are fine for winter since they tend to get banged up anyway).

3. Yggdrasill

Yggdrasill Active Member

The rolling diameter isn't the same as on the Model S. It's about 1" bigger.