Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Sold and Learned from it!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel your pain, but this forum is the wrong place for you to express your negative feelings about Tesla's service quality. They will not agree with you unless they had the similar experience. Tesla is a relatively new company and it is still growing, so it will have many drawbacks when compared to other luxury brands that already in the industry for nearly 100 years. For me, some of the biggest trade-offs of buying a Tesla MX are the below average built quality and bad service experience, but I am still willing to get the MX because I value AP, OTA (who does not like to drive a car that will have something new every other few months and Tesla is the only auto makers can achieve this so far. You need to buy a newer model if you want something new from those legacy auto makers) and FW doors more than those trade-offs (I have a 6 months son and I used the MX as a mini van but the cooler one). I wanted a SUV that will fit all my needs and MX is the best option in the market right now. Will I buy another Tesla? Yes, if AP is still the best in business in the future. No, if other luxury car makers have OTA and the similar technology that is on the same level or better than AP. So think about the trade-offs... if you don't value AP, EV, OTA at all, and you want high performance sedan that has good service, consider the new Porsche Panamera.. English is not my primary language but I hope you can get my point.

Damn I share your exact sentiments.

what i mean is, if he had never heard that this had happened he would be having a happy day...decided to let this issue control his actions today i guess.

Well... that kind of is the definition of a wake up call... No? :)

The OP obviously never thought of this before. Now that it hit close that changed. Normal.

Tesla repairs are a genuine problem. Reacting negatively to them is reasonable. Taking them into consideration in your purchase decisions is wise.

:rolleyes:

The investors who dismiss criticisms by yelling "SHORT" appear far more numerous than the actual "shorts". It's an artifact boogeymen used by the, uh, longs who plug their ears while they say "NA-NANNY BOO BOO, I CAN'T HEAR YOU."
It is the OP extreme comment that Tesla isn't viable because one person has a problem and we have no idea the details of the problem. I've had my X for 16 months now and followed these forums for 3 years or so and have seen lots of complaints. Prior to my finalizing my order I read lots of posts by a small number of people who attacked the Model X. Out of thousands of cars produced some will have problems. A few were bought back because they were so bad. I'm thrilled I didn't let any of that stop me from getting my X.

I am not pissed, more disappointed that now I am afraid to get my dream car which is the S P100D. If someone hits me I am not going to be happy waiting for months with my car at the center waiting for parts.

Whilst I understand your frustration, living life like that is not great. If it is your dream car, live the dream and worry about getting hit if and when you are hit. Chances are you won't be, and even if you do, you don't know what the experience will be like. Worst case you'll have another car for a couple months. Surely, a dream is worth it?

It is the OP extreme comment that Tesla isn't viable because one person has a problem and we have no idea the details of the problem. I've had my X for 16 months now and followed these forums for 3 years or so and have seen lots of complaints. Prior to my finalizing my order I read lots of posts by a small number of people who attacked the Model X. Out of thousands of cars produced some will have problems. A few were bought back because they were so bad. I'm thrilled I didn't let any of that stop me from getting my X.

Have you crashed your car and gotten parts? If not your comment seems irrelevant to this thread?

Trust me... a lot more than one person have had this problem.

With all due respect:

Why did you post?

What were you trying to prove?

I can't believe you sold your X just to buy an S.

Something else is going on here.

I'm not familiar with you or your vehicle or your prior posts, but this seems like a strange post about a freak accident that has nothing to do with your decision on what car you decide to spend your money on.

All your posts in this particular thread seem hostile and mean spirited. It's like your looking for a fight in a bar frequented by fans of the opposing team.

Buy, don't buy, but do so calmly. If you have a point to make, do so diplomatically.

The Bull in the proverbial China Shoppe is not usually well received.

MHO... YMMV

T

We can help -- we have a team of Body Repair case managers at your disposal. Email the name and VIN to [email protected] and they will hop right on therepair. We're shipping 95% of parts within 4 days of order and there's no reason for a repair to take this long. Let us help!

Nice to see you monitor the Forum and Nice to see you want to help.

I hope I never need you BUT I'm sure happy you are there!!!

T

Have you crashed your car and gotten parts? If not your comment seems irrelevant to this thread?

Trust me... a lot more than one person have had this problem.
Frankly I don't trust anything posted anonymously in a forum. So no I doubt this is "a lot more", though I'm sure a few have had problems as I mentioned. In addition someone from Tesla has posted offering assistance, so if the problem is real, there is a solution.

• Funny
Reactions: ABC2D
Sounds like you're upset for breaking up with your girl.... now she's gone and been spoiled by some other person... and you've sworn you'll never love another one like her... you can't forget her.... she was so good ... those doors went all the way up...

Heck... who are you fooling? You need to own an S P100D... now, be like a Shark on shark tank and change your mind and get back into the game not only because you like messing with Mark Cuban but because you can't just can't lie to yourself anymore about how you really do love exhaust notes and loud engines.... :)

Like I said.... he's obsessed and heart broken... like Kylie Minogue... can't get you out of my mind... la la la la la la la la la la la.... set me freeeeeeeeeee

Frankly I don't trust anything posted anonymously in a forum. So no I doubt this is "a lot more", though I'm sure a few have had problems as I mentioned. In addition someone from Tesla has posted offering assistance, so if the problem is real, there is a solution.

Why would Tesla go to the lenghts of addressing a problem with a specialized assistance team... if there wasn't a problem?

I could agree with you if this was just one isolated incident, but many long-time posters have reported massive delays in getting parts for their Tesla repairs. I trust that. Just look at @DougH posting above.

Frankly, instead of setting up an escalation team, I do wish Tesla would simply fix parts availability for repair centers that have parts orders in... That would seem like a very good place to start an overall fix.

Every once in awhile my father in law comes in to town and steals our MX.

Had to get the ol beater minivan oil changed and tuned up because no one wants to drive the beater minivan.

Annoyed with the stupid check engine light
Annoyed with the steering wheel vibration
Annoyed minivan accelerates like a minivan
Annoyed I can't just tell the gps where to go
Annoyed I can't just charge it in my garage
Annoyed I can't crack open a soda easily while driving.

Elon needs to hurry up with the M3 so FIL can get his own Tesla.

So what's your new ride going to be OP?

• Funny
Reactions: Mrcook4590
I'm concerned about repair times as well. Still buying a Model X, and not because it's my dream car. I don't have a dream car, I do however have a check-list that is only fulfilled by the Model X. So I'm buying it despite my reservations.

Life is short, and I refuse to be burdened by things outside of my control.

I'm not sure about how long Model X takes to repair but back when I owned my Model S. I was in a minor fender bender and it took about 6 weeks to fix my car. Amatto's in San Diego was the only authorized repair center and they had a TON of cars waiting to get repaired. Not sure what the wait time is now but I wouldn't assume just because you have a Model S vs. a Model X that the time to repair is too much less.

Im trying to understand your remarks but I can't.

That was never in question :)

There is a crowd out there that lives in a bubble and is shocked that sometimes things are bad. They have shocking wake up calls, they take goldman sachs at face value, they want to see the manager.

Tesla's are an incredibly bad purchase for this crowd. Tesla's literally aren't for everyone, yet. Hopefully someday they are. Hopefully that is sooner than later but until that happens it behooves people to accurately assess things instead of living on expectations.