TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X Speakers

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by Pandamoanium, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Pandamoanium

Pandamoanium Member

Does anyone here know if the Model X has speakers in the third row? I do not have the UHFS option. Wife noticed today that the sound isn't coming from anywhere in the third row and got me wondering. Thanks!

2. Aljohn

Aljohn Member

[​IMG]

There are 4 speakers with the UHFS option for the 3rd row and the sub-woofer is mounted in thee right rear panel. The rear 3rd row speakers are mounted in the rear tail gate on the top section near the window. You may want to see if the speaker grills are there. If not, they are most likely added with the UHFS option.

• Informative x 1
  3. adamcb

adamcb Member

I don't think there are speakers in the rear for the non-ultra fidelity. I think the speakers in the standard are: 3 speakers in dash; 2 tweeters in A-Pillar; 2 speakers in lower front doors; 2 speakers in FWDs.

Anyone else confirm?

Adam

4. Pandamoanium

Pandamoanium Member

Kind of a bummer. My fault for not looking into this before purchasing, I just initially though the UHFS option just upgraded all speakers and sub.