Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X spotted in Europe?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Geneva Motor Show is open for the European press on Tuesday and Wednesday this week prior to opening for the public on Thursday the 3rd so should be lots more photos and information this week. You can be sure it will be the EU charger as that was the blue car we saw earlier in this thread imported via Rotterdam a few weeks ago for the show.

Oopps a possible unintended but accurate prediction!

Then again based on the Model X production levels that could still make the Audi the record selling electric 4x4 in 2018 in Europe.......

That actually would be very good. If Audi can make the car so good that is outsells the X in Europe than the car will be good enough to outsell every ICE cars of the class in Europe including their own. It will truly be the beginning of the EV age. Yes a big if I acknowledge that.

IMG_6574.jpg

maybe more tomorrow!

Fortunately these things are all down to personal choices. I just would not personally get €180.000 of satisfaction out of my spend. My old Panamera 4S is probably worth less than €50k these days but I use it to carry trash down the dump and fill it with skis, snowboards, wakeboards, dogs, kids, paragliders and stuff - it gets abused and scratched and we just don't care. I would be worried about a €180k car getting damaged.

It's probably a very nice car, but I think may only be worth €100.000 after 2 years so dropping €3.000 a month in cold hard cash doesn't appeal to me.

The nice thing is that we can see having a reservation on the Model X has proven to be pointless in North America, and once production ramps up over this year even more worthless to a European. So when the first ones start appearing in Europe in 2017 it means that 80% of the backorders have been filled, and that they are producing up to 1,000 units a week - so at that stage it will be easy to order one and get delivery 3 months later. Even now in North America if you order the correct spec you can get a car 3 months later.

So in 2017 I can look again, see if anything is actually available as competition, maybe even test drive a car, and make a choice again.