Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X spotted in Europe?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like it or not, Tesla is a very small, micro-managed company. There are some advantages to it (e.g. out-of-the-box thinking) but there are some disadvantages as well (e.g. slow, delays). It appears to me that Elon Musk is trying to solve real engineering problems with the ramp up, build quality, Signature cars stuck in limbo and getting customers to confirm. There is no point in immediately figuring out the European prices if Tesla can't begin deliveries there in the next 6-12 months. There are other more pressing issues to tackle.

If you want stability from your auto manufacturer, I suggest you come back in 5-10 years or go with another company.

Otherwise, if you really like the car, you're going to have to change your perspective, for your own sanity. Tesla will likely open up to European signature holders next month during the Geneva Auto Show, but regular production will probably be 3+ months after that (based on what is happening in Canada). I strongly doubt that there will be any EU Signature deliveries in 2016. If you're lucky EU regular production deliveries will happen in the first half of 2017 (over a year from now). Don't let the excitement happening in the US distract you from reality.

Elon likes messing with me. He does it to me all the time. Purposely screwing with my predictions. :cursing:

Fortunately these things are all down to personal choices. I just would not personally get €180.000 of satisfaction out of my spend. My old Panamera 4S is probably worth less than €50k these days but I use it to carry trash down the dump and fill it with skis, snowboards, wakeboards, dogs, kids, paragliders and stuff - it gets abused and scratched and we just don't care. I would be worried about a €180k car getting damaged.

It's probably a very nice car, but I think may only be worth €100.000 after 2 years so dropping €3.000 a month in cold hard cash doesn't appeal to me.

The nice thing is that we can see having a reservation on the Model X has proven to be pointless in North America, and once production ramps up over this year even more worthless to a European. So when the first ones start appearing in Europe in 2017 it means that 80% of the backorders have been filled, and that they are producing up to 1,000 units a week - so at that stage it will be easy to order one and get delivery 3 months later. Even now in North America if you order the correct spec you can get a car 3 months later.

So in 2017 I can look again, see if anything is actually available as competition, maybe even test drive a car, and make a choice again.
Why would you keep a car spotless if it costs €172k?
A car is supposed to be used!
I will definitely use it the same way I used my old car. Plus I save more than €10.000 a year compared to my current Audi, so after ten years my Model X will be the cheapest car I bought since the early nintees.:smile:

Last edited: