Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X - Stumped with Wifi/Bluetooth Disconnects

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have a 2016 X-P90D. It has been back to service 3 times in the past month and just cant figure it out (and neither can service apparently). Curious if anyone has seen or heard of this issue.

When I connect to any WiFi, it connects for about 10 seconds, an audible 'pop' is then heard and it disconnects not only Wifi but Bluetooth as well. It then takes Bluetooth 1-2 minutes to re-initialize. At times, it will say "Bluetooth Not Functioning Correctly. Needs service.". Rinse and repeat.

Had a new MCU installed this week and drove home, pulled in garage, connected Wifi (and everything else as MCU swap is basically a total settings reset) and the same thing happened. The strange thing is the audio 'pop'. So it is back in service again today. Tech said maybe they didn't connect something with MCU swap out but I am suspicious that it was not the MCU. The S85 loaner I have today has absolutely no issue nor did the S75D loaner I had last week.

Appreciate any insight.

#stumped

Attachments

• tsla.JPG
    tsla.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 58