Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Subsite Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You guys are comparing two different things. de704 is comparing the Model X with the Model S. AnOutsider is comparing an AWD Model X with the RWD Model X Tesla originally indicated would be available.

Correct. Bonnie probably missed that part of the reveal as she snuck off to the reservations tent :p

FTR: I would have gotten AWD anyway, and though I use the nook in my S, I didn't think twice about losing it for the sake of AWD.

Which is where you would have gone, had you remembered your checkbook.

You like to poke at old wounds, don't you?

Um, Isn't that the definition of "Compare"? :) Or would you like me to compare a Model S to a Model S?

S Frunk & X Frunk = Apples to Apples. IMHO

What we're trying to convey is that, while yes, the Model X frunk does appear to be deeper than a Model S' frunk, it WAS stated that the AWD (read: front motor) configuration would take away from the frunk space by eliminating the tunnel to the back of the frunk.

Um, Isn't that the definition of "Compare"? :) Or would you like me to compare a Model S to a Model S?

S Frunk & X Frunk = Apples to Apples. IMHO
Should be obvious that my point was that you two were making two different comparisons.

S frunk and X frunk are not apples to apples. They are two differently sized vehicles. Apples to Apples would be to compare the size of the funk in a standard Model S to the size of the frunk in a possible AWD Model S. I.e., you'd lose "the microwave".

Should be obvious that my point was that you two were making two different comparisons.

S frunk and X frunk are not apples to apples. They are two differently sized vehicles. Apples to Apples would be to compare the size of the funk in a standard Model S to the size of the frunk in a possible AWD Model S. I.e., you'd lose "the microwave".

You all are confusing me. I don't care about apples to apples or frunk to frunk......I just want the 'X' in production:wink:

Doug,

Can you suggest another Frunk I can "compare" it to then :wink:

(Ok, I will stop trolling now.)

BTW, The Model X IS based on the Model S. It's just taller. The wheel base and horizontal dimensions are pretty much the same as Model S from what I've seen.

Last edited:
But Model X is longer, no? Do they add overhang or is the wheel base extended?

The prototype's overhang doesn't seem much different the Model S in this picture. If they share the same platform my thought is the wheel base would be the same but perhaps not.
Model X length.PNG

Big difference is the height.

Model X length with S.PNG