Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Subsite Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was talking about our Model S reservation with a rep at the Washington Square store and she thinks I'll be seeing it this year. Production 109.

Guessing you mean X, but I'd carry in a boulder of salt with that one. I can't speak to that specific rep. But many of them know less than many readers/posters here.

I assume it's possible that Tesla will do with the Model X 60KWh what the they did with the Model S 40KWh pack - namely put the next larger pack size in and software limit it. I recall only 4% of ll Model S orders were the 40KWh pack. There was the supposition that it was too expensive to crash test and certify a separate pack for that few reservations.

Again, vague recollection was 35-40% P85, 35-40% S85, 20% S60, 5% S40 for the Model S.

If they offer a 1xx pack for the Model X it's possible orders for a 60KWh would be under 10%. Again, Tesla may conclude it may not be worth it to make a 60 for the Model X.

Now, Model E is supposed to have a sibling SUV Model EX (my name). That's probably the sub 50K SUV, but likely won't be here before 2017.

Happy New Year everyone!

Did that for you, Bonnie :smile:

And as always, offering a high end version will drag consumers to the then-before high-end option because it is a 'steal'.
modelx.png

Attachments

• modelx.png
    modelx.png
    48.2 KB · Views: 551