Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Sunshade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone received it yet? I been looking for them every single day. It is hooooot out there.
No, have not received officially yet. But got one thru a friend, and use it 80% of the time in CA. Even bought an iPhone thermal camera to measure the local inside temp. difference at an exposed parking spot, w/wo shade. But have not done it yet. Others may have posted the app reported global inside temp. difference.

I went in last week to have a malfunctioning charger port door open warning fixed. When I went to pick up the car, they had put mine in the frunk. They let me know about it when they explained what they had done to fix the malfunction. I used it on our trip from VA to Chicago and it provided shade and seemed to be cooler. My plan is to use it for long trips during the summer and not use it otherwise so as to not obstruct the view. Thankful I got it and apreciate that Tesla provided it without charge, worth waiting for!

Patience! I got mine last week. I'm not fond of it, but the wife likes it during the day. I have to grudgingly admit that it helps with perceived heat transmission, so we keep it on when it's hot and sunny out (pretty much all day every day here in SoCal! Yay! ...not.)
My wife won't get in w/o it, and still complains of no way to better block the front side windows with a bigger visor or pull-down.

Received mine tonight.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    313.4 KB · Views: 88
Reactions: Roentgen
Move it to your frunk. If you're like me, you're less likely to use the frunk, and it will therefore be less in the way, but still always available.
I like to keep my accessories next to where they are to be installed, so I've put the sunshade under the passenger seat.

Like @Roentgen, I prefer not to use the frunk for everyday stuff because it's not as convenient without auto-open/auto-close functionality.

Also, I don't want others to use it too often due to the sensitive nature of the closing procedure. I would hate to have my frunk lid creased.

Reactions: Roentgen
Huh. Didn't think it would fit there, but never tried! I'll have to try that. Thanks for the tip!

I like to keep my accessories next to where they are to be installed, so I've put the sunshade under the passenger seat.

Like @Roentgen, I prefer not to use the frunk for everyday stuff because it's not as convenient without auto-open/auto-close functionality.

Also, I don't want others to use it too often due to the sensitive nature of the closing procedure. I would hate to have my frunk lid creased.