Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Sunshade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I have a X 90D on order. I have read somewhere twice on the subject of Model X sunshade. One from a 2015 post, which Mr. Musk twitted X will come with sunshade. One is from a recent post by "ModelXboy" (I think), on X quality issues, which also mentioned that X has sunshade but not yet been produced and will ship to owners shortly. I called in Tesla after reading it, and no one seems to know what I am talking about. Anyone with more information on the sunshade? I want to know where will the sunshade goes and how many pieces. Please share. Thank you!

I can answer questions regarding sunshades!

I tweeted Elon Musk back in October and he told me that sunshades will come with each car. However, no sunshades were provided when delivery started. In February, a small amount of people received their sunshades during delivery @ptsagcy posted some photos of his on DropBox.

However, Tesla decided to redesign the sunshade and plan on sending them to current and future owners, hopefully they will be available when I take delivery in a few weeks.

Lastly, a 3rd party released their own sunshade: Just found this from Heatshield

The Tesla sunshade is mesh so I am looking for a solution that will allow me to insulate it, maybe I can use speaker foam like Bjorn did on his Model S?

GreatStuff.jpg

Too difficult to decide...I got a easier one:

Sunshade or Model X

Clearly sunshade!!!

BTW whenever anyone responds to this thread, I receive an email, push notification and text message. No joke
Paging Captain Sunshade, Paging Captain Sunshade.

In my youth, I would have written a couple lines of JavaScript and sent the above message, one letter at a time, across 48 posts. :D

Reactions: Roentgen