Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Sunshade!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another neighbor just received her 90D today at Fremont Factory Delivery Center. She stopped by my home to program the main security gate remote, and for configuration advice.

My cursory examination revealed no fit-and-finish issues at all -- it looks like a solid build, and ...

her X came with the new sunshade!

File_004.jpeg
File_000.jpeg
File_001.jpeg
File_002.jpeg
File_003.jpeg
File_005.jpeg

Another neighbor just received her 90D today at Fremont Factory Delivery Center. She stopped by my home to program the main security gate remote, and for configuration advice.

My cursory examination revealed no fit-and-finish issues at all -- it looks like a solid build, and ...

her X came with the new sunshade!

View attachment 179442View attachment 179438 View attachment 179439 View attachment 179440 View attachment 179441View attachment 179443

Pictures look "ok" , but how does it look in person ? would you use it full time ?

I don't mind the skyview windshield as-is sans any extra sunshade or tinting. I've become adept at positioning the funky sun visor where it needs to be to block the actual solar orb when needed.

My wife, however, does not want any light, 99% UV or not, to shine down on her pretty head. Temporarily, I've installed a self-sticking film from Tap Plastics. I googled and found a 3rd party that has 100% pieces that custom fit, with either silver or gold Mylar film exposed to the outside.

I agree, Captain, that this is an opportunity for a 3rd party OEM to make a shade that fits and it wrapped in the same alcantara material. That would be best!

"Captain Sunshade" does not approve of that sunshade...
1) It is an eye-sore
2) How is effective, if someone used a hole-puncture to puncture thousands of holes?
3) It looks cheap

How about a solid sunshade that matches the alcantara of the headliner and seamlessly fits in like it is suppose to be a part of the car

I don't mind the skyview windshield as-is sans any extra sunshade or tinting. I've become adept at positioning the funky sun visor where it needs to be to block the actual solar orb when needed.

My wife, however, does not want any light, 99% UV or not, to shine down on her pretty head. Temporarily, I've installed a self-sticking film from Tap Plastics. I googled and found a 3rd party that has 100% pieces that custom fit, with either silver or gold Mylar film exposed to the outside.

I agree, Captain, that this is an opportunity for a 3rd party OEM to make a shade that fits and it wrapped in the same alcantara material. That would be best!

Did you find it from heat shield? That is what I got and as far as functionality it works great but it is ugly. I sent mine back to exchange it to the black ones hopefully those will do a better job at matching the interior.

I just got my windshield third party tinted. Can't tell from the outside. Doesn't look great from the inside, but at least now it is functional. Now if only I can get all four doors to work reliably...

This makes no sense- all that time and engineering for doors that are useless, mono post seats that serve no purpose and they create this eyesore?

Why didn't they create a visor that had a retractable shade on it that you could extend and latch to the ceiling.

I'm speechless at this Busch league solution.

Reactions: 1208 and commasign
From Tesla, just now:

Front Upper Windshield Sunshade
To further enhance your Model X, we plan to send a Front Upper Windshield Sunshade to you directly, free of charge. The Model X sunshade can block two thirds of light and heat coming through the front upper windshield and it's lightweight and flexible construction allows for easy storage and installation within seconds. To ensure we have the most up to date information, please log in to your MyTesla account and confirm your mailing address. For instructions on how to install your sunshade, click here.

@K-MTG, did you get this update?

• Helpful
Reactions: X-Man and K-MTG
From Tesla, just now:

Front Upper Windshield Sunshade
To further enhance your Model X, we plan to send a Front Upper Windshield Sunshade to you directly, free of charge. The Model X sunshade can block two thirds of light and heat coming through the front upper windshield and it's lightweight and flexible construction allows for easy storage and installation within seconds. To ensure we have the most up to date information, please log in to your MyTesla account and confirm your mailing address. For instructions on how to install your sunshade, click here.

@K-MTG, did you get this update?

I got the email but no sunshade or any other additional information.

Summer will be over here by the time I get my Tesla-issued sun shade so I got these for now.
https://www.heatshieldstore.com/sun_shades_for/tesla/model_x/2016
I'm most worried about the effect of sun on the dashboard materials so I will use the lower front window shield if I have to park outside for a while. The upper front and front side window covers will probably only be used for the sake of privacy if necessary (impromptu car camping). There are small shields for the roof windows above the middle seats and these may get used in the winter along with the upper front shield depending on how much cold I feel on the top of my head, similar to Bjorn's foam panels.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    254.1 KB · Views: 92