Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X - Supercharger Charging Speed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm currently looking for information on Supercharger charging speeds for each battery pack level of the Model X (i.e. 70(discontinued), 75, 90, 100). I hear people say that the charging speed is faster on the larger battery packs which makes sense. The larger battery packs allow the motors to pull more instant power from them so it would make sense that the Supercharger could put more power into them.

But are we talking a few minutes or ten's of minutes difference to go from say 20% to 80% state of charge? Or is the difference only noticeable in the tail end of charging between 80% to 100% state of charge?

It's true, the charging rate is faster on the 100D. It should take about an hour for the 100D to reach 90% from close to 0 whereas it takes my 85 almost the same amount of time to reach the same level (and the 100D can go almost 100 miles farther).

Video of the P100D charging:

I found that video after searching this forum. Here's the link:

P100D SuperCharging Rate

Last edited:
It should take about an hour for the 100D to reach 90% from close to 0 whereas it takes my 85 almost the same amount of time to reach the same level (and the 100D can go almost 100 miles farther).
That is not accurate. Perhaps you mis-typed? The X100D EPA rating is is 295 miles. An S85D had an EPA rating of 270. Of course comparing an S to an X is not exactly apples-to-apples but the X never had an 85kwh battery.