Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Support Group

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm slowly going crazy waiting for this vehicle. I'm an early sig in the 200s. Waiting this long for a car is simply unheard of and tests the limit of any person. I'm beginning to question whether I'm actually in some type of GroundHog-Day scenario where the car will never come, and I will be waiting for all eternity. I propose an action committee for those that have been following this vehicle for an excruciatingly long time, or just have mad interest. In this support group multiple positions are open:

* News Tidbit Stockpiling (Every bit of information no matter how small is parsed and relayed to other team members, live blogged)
* Spy - This is a lone post located primarily onsite in Freemont. This person will take the Tesla tour every single day and blog about the experience for benefit of the other team members. As you are there every day, Tesla employees will soon begin to think of you as a fellow employee, and may share additional Model X details. On days the tour is not offered, individual may follow the X transport vehicle to get more spy shots of off-site testing.
* Pub Congregation - The remaining can meet at surrounding pubs to lament the slow news day, explore the sanity levels of others, and invent new posts for the committee.
* Hardware Team - We all take turns in a modified roll cart. When it is your day, you get to ride in the roll cart, and when the words "Tesla: activate autopilot" are spoken by the "driver", the others will begin pushing you around, completely autonomously!

Philip

It *is* time to begin thinking about doing the necessary infrastructure work to support Model X, though... clean up your garage, paint the floors and walls, get your friendly neighborhood electrician out to get your prep work done for the wall connector / NEMA 14-50 install, contact your power company to ensure your transformer will be able to handle the load, etc. There are things you can do!

It *is* time to begin thinking about doing the necessary infrastructure work to support Model X, though... clean up your garage, paint the floors and walls, get your friendly neighborhood electrician out to get your prep work done for the wall connector / NEMA 14-50 install, contact your power company to ensure your transformer will be able to handle the load, etc. There are things you can do!
You have a long time to take care of that stuff. You'll have many months of notice before your X arrives. Probably enough time to BUILD a house and garage. I think it's foolish to do this now, you never know what the future holds. Just MyHumbleOpinion.

You have a long time to take care of that stuff. You'll have many months of notice before your X arrives. Probably enough time to BUILD a house and garage. I think it's foolish to do this now, you never know what the future holds. Just MyHumbleOpinion.

Have you ever dealt with a power company's engineering team? :)

If patience is indeed a virtue, then I am also lacking! However, I consider myself fortunate to be in a good enough financial position to be able to purchase this car (res. <1,700). I made my reservation in November of 2012 and joked with the salesperson that I expected my Tesla stock to appreciate enough to pay for the X. (The stock back then was $28.) So I am upset with the multiple delays, but still thrilled with company! In the interim, I'm happy driving my Model X lite (Toyota RAV4 EV).

Pfffft. Did all that two years ago.....

Whoa. That's the best idea yet. I'm going incognito and need a fake resume and some references, stat. Also I need a ride to Fremont.

My plan: I have started hormone injections and buying wigs. I am going to impersonate Bonnie. I know that will get me 'in'!:wink::biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

I have a Nema 15-40 for each garage bay and the Tesla 80 AMP charger ready and waiting as well. Probably is time to add on to the garage (my wife's idea: She says I can go sleep with the Teslas...hmmmm) Maybe it is the hormone injections.............

Last edited:

Oh, you mean like this:

IMG_0358.JPG

The garage has been designed to fit both our Models S and the upcoming Model X :)

I went a little overboard while waiting........ 5 X 14-50's installed, and 1 Tesla HPC (TS-70) @70 amps converted to J1772 connector, and a Tesla HPWC 80 amps, all at my house. I made a 50' 14-50 extension cord. I upgraded the solar to output enough for the extra car.

Then I installed an pay for EVSE at my office 70 amps. (EATON)

I installed two Tesla HPWC's at the airport where my Aircraft Charter clients park. One outputs 80 amps, and the other is limited to 64.

I had the local power company check my distribution transformer before the party last summer & the verdict was I had more than enough capacity for all the charging anticipated ... A 240v/40amp and 240v/70amp ran continuously, plus the amp for the band, power for Solar City display, BBQ truck, lights, and all the mis stuff plugged in. Not even a flicker. I feel well-tested in advance on the X arrival.

I had the local power company check my distribution transformer before the party last summer & the verdict was I had more than enough capacity for all the charging anticipated ... A 240v/40amp and 240v/70amp ran continuously, plus the amp for the band, power for Solar City display, BBQ truck, lights, and all the mis stuff plugged in. Not even a flicker. I feel well-tested in advance on the X arrival.

The St. Louis group is hosting a BBQ at my home later this year and I was doing some of the calculations to ensure that we had enough charging room for people who dropped by. 2xHPWC (80A) + a 14-50 + a 6-50 + a 6-30 should do, I think. :)

Someone remind me - how long did the early Sigs for the Roadster wait? How long for the Model S? Is the Model X really longer than that?

If what I'm reading on Wikipedia is accurate, Tesla displayed the Model S prototype on March 26, 2009, and delivered the first production vehicles to customers on June 22, 2012. Total wait time was about 3 years, 3 months. However, keep in mind that the initial production ramp was very slow, so many customers were waiting additional months for their cars.

It's been about 3 years since the Model X prototype announcement.

Few people expected Model X to be this late, which may explain a % of the impatience. The X was supposed to be an "end of 2013" product… which slipped to "end of 2014"… and now stands at Q3 2015 for initial deliveries.