Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Support Group

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found a reasonable solution in purchasing an S85D. I'm still pining after the Model X but I'm distracted greatly by the new car. I highly recommend this as an alternative to pulling your hair out.
+1... actually +1000. I was already pulling my hair out last May. Bonnie's words of having a Tesla while you wait certainly are true and seems plenty of us with a Tesla during the wait. Without it, I may have not been so patient. Nah, who am I kidding...

Us Canadians appear to have to wait a little longer. Read the Form 10-K / Annual Report today and found this at the top of Page 6.

Model X
Our Model X crossover is the first vehicle we intend to develop by leveraging the Model S platform. This unique vehicle has been designed to offer the space and functionality of a sport utility vehicle while having high performance features such as our fully electric, all-wheel drive dual motor system. Model X will seat seven adults and incorporate a unique falcon wing door system for superior access to the second and third seating rows. We anticipate that the pricing of Model X will be similar to a comparably equipped Model S. We currently intend to begin customer deliveries of Model X in the third quarter of 2015. After its initial launch in the United States, Model X will be sold in all the markets where Model S is available including in Asia and Europe.
I've put in bold, what I think hasn't been stated before. I know this was done for the S, but was hoping that this was going to be different for the X.

Now I need this support group more than ever or another glass of wine. :)

The St. Louis group is hosting a BBQ at my home later this year and I was doing some of the calculations to ensure that we had enough charging room for people who dropped by. 2xHPWC (80A) + a 14-50 + a 6-50 + a 6-30 should do, I think. :)

If anyone but you had posted this, I'd be reminding them to make sure the distribution transformer could also handle the load ... but it's you.

That's a lot of power!

- - - Updated - - -

For all my friends with Tesla's of course! :cool:

6 car garage and outfitted them all, plus one outside for guests.

I want to see a picture of seven cars plugged in and charging :).

The St. Louis group is hosting a BBQ at my home later this year and I was doing some of the calculations to ensure that we had enough charging room for people who dropped by. 2xHPWC (80A) + a 14-50 + a 6-50 + a 6-30 should do, I think. :)

If we're bragging (aka filling time waiting for X), I have a 100A HPWC, Clipper Creek HCS-40, 5 x Nema 14-50 outlets and a TT-30 outlet which charges just fine with an RV adapter. (Also with 400A incoming service). :tongue:

/subscribed

I'm feeling for those of you who have been waiting for years. I've only been waiting for a couple of weeks so I'll be waiting for many months (years?) after you've taken delivery.

I'm test driving a P95D Monday and hoping I can resist.......

For all my friends with Tesla's of course! :cool:

6 car garage and outfitted them all, plus one outside for guests.

We're your friends... :)

When is bbq weekend? My invite got lost...

- - - Updated - - -

* Pub Congregation - The remaining can meet at surrounding pubs to lament the slow news day, explore the sanity levels of others, and invent new posts for the committee.

That sounds like one of those "if you're reading this it's too late" bumper stickers.

If anyone but you had posted this, I'd be reminding them to make sure the distribution transformer could also handle the load ... but it's you.

That's a lot of power!

I asked the operations mgr at the co-op how much he thought I could load it up with, and he said he could take almost anything I could throw at him while keeping the cars on the driveway. :)

While I have 400A service, the transformer is rated at 250V/150A, but he says it'll easily do double that (and my previous 10 kVA transformer will attest to that). Buried service conductors are reasonable up to about 300A as well, he says. I'll give him a run for his money. :)

It *is* time to begin thinking about doing the necessary infrastructure work to support Model X, though... clean up your garage, paint the floors and walls, get your friendly neighborhood electrician out to get your prep work done for the wall connector / NEMA 14-50 install, contact your power company to ensure your transformer will be able to handle the load, etc. There are things you can do!

I tried this but was told by Tesla folks that they would not sell me a model S charger for the model X since it had not yet been certified for that car. I'm assuming that by the time the X comes out, we will have the self plug in charger available.

I tried this but was told by Tesla folks that they would not sell me a model S charger for the model X since it had not yet been certified for that car. I'm assuming that by the time the X comes out, we will have the self plug in charger available.

Interesting. This lends support to my theory that Tesla is going to unveil a new version of the UMC for the Model X.

Hello, my name is Ian and it's been 637 days since my reservation.

I spend way too much time here and at teslamotors.com hunting for any bit of new information on the Model X.

Since I don't live close enough to be a spy I will be happy to be part of the Seattle area Hardware Team.

I went to the Double Black event in Seattle. For what it's worth, the head sales person there told me the production of the MX would begin in August. He seemed pretty confident of that but of course would not give any guarantee. He would not give any indication of a date for a reveal or if he even knew. It did surprise me a bit that he indicated that the ramp up would be fairly slow. I'm Sig #292 and he implied that I should be in the first 6-8 weeks of production. With dropouts considered, I would have thought that I would be in the first couple of weeks at most.

There's likely some truth to his statements. The last few times I've heard Elon discuss the Model X rollout, he has mentioned that there won't be significant volumes until Q4. Now, what constitutes significant volume is vague, but given Elon's typical over enthusiasm it likely means that only a very small number, say 100 or less, will be delivered in Q3. Given the delayed reveal and the state of the test vehicles we've seen, I think it's a good thing as those early deliveries will essentially be used as a final real-world validation and they'll want to keep the numbers limited should any unforeseen issues arise.

Since this is a support group, I feel OK with complete, unsubstantiated speculation...so here goes -

1. At April 30th announcement Elon announces a "Founders Delivery" for the 1st week of July.
2. At the July event, the X is unveiled and the configuration center is opened on the website (which is immediately crashed by all of us rushing online to configure our Model Xs.....over-and-over)
3. First North America Signature deliveries are mid-late August (in keeping with the fanciful nature of this speculation, Bonnie or Paul realize my birthday is in August and graciously switch reservation numbers with me :tongue:).
4. Tesla works to produce and deliver about 2,000 Signature Model X and show room models in Q3 in 8 weeks of production, (100, 100, 200, 200, 300, 300, 400, 400).
5. Tesla moves to more volume production in Q4, this includes Signatures for the rest of the world and the beginning of regular N. American Model X - total Q4 run is 6,000, or an average of about 500/wk (which combines with 12k of S production to meet full year guidance 10,030 Q1, 12,500 Q2, 15,000 Q3 - 13k/2k, and 18,000 Q4 12k/6k for 55,500 delivered in 2015.
6. Tesla exits 2015 at a 2,000/month run rate 1k/1k and I get my Model X (assuming Bonne or Paul don't swap me for theirs) on Groundhogs Day 2016, which allows me to relive the day over and over again a' la' Bill Murray.

Thats is my story...Happy Easter to all