Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Support Group

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm slowly going crazy waiting for this vehicle. I'm an early sig in the 200s. Waiting this long for a car is simply unheard of and tests the limit of any person. I'm beginning to question...... snip........
Philip
From the back of the line - I count on as many as possible requesting their depisits back. That gets us that much closer to the front of the line.
;)

I'm slowly going crazy waiting for this vehicle. I'm an early sig in the 200s. Waiting this long for a car is simply unheard of and tests the limit of any person. I'm beginning to question whether I'm actually in some type of GroundHog-Day scenario where the car will never come, and I will be waiting for all eternity. I propose an action committee for those that have been following this vehicle for an excruciatingly long time, or just have mad interest. In this support group multiple positions are open:

* News Tidbit Stockpiling (Every bit of information no matter how small is parsed and relayed to other team members, live blogged)
* Spy - This is a lone post located primarily onsite in Freemont. This person will take the Tesla tour every single day and blog about the experience for benefit of the other team members. As you are there every day, Tesla employees will soon begin to think of you as a fellow employee, and may share additional Model X details. On days the tour is not offered, individual may follow the X transport vehicle to get more spy shots of off-site testing.
* Pub Congregation - The remaining can meet at surrounding pubs to lament the slow news day, explore the sanity levels of others, and invent new posts for the committee.
* Hardware Team - We all take turns in a modified roll cart. When it is your day, you get to ride in the roll cart, and when the words "Tesla: activate autopilot" are spoken by the "driver", the others will begin pushing you around, completely autonomously!

Philip
I need help and support, it is going on 1 year and I want to be a 2 electric vehicle in the garage person. But having had Jaguars since 1970 I'm trying not to go to the dealer and look at the F Type R. Please keep me from doing this, I do not need a 2 seater sports car and especially one that requires gas.

I need help and support, it is going on 1 year and I want to be a 2 electric vehicle in the garage person. But having had Jaguars since 1970 I'm trying not to go to the dealer and look at the F Type R. Please keep me from doing this, I do not need a 2 seater sports car and especially one that requires gas.
You're in the home stretch! Hang in there.. this is going to be one heck of a vehicle and will blow everyone's socks off!

Hello, my name is Gary. It's been only 22 days since I placed my reservation. I was at the unveiling of the X the first night it showed in San Jose at the Santana Row showroom. So my wait has been long but sweet. I'll say that my idea was to not be the first but to wait for maybe some of the extras that might be added to the cars later production. Who knew 3 years ago about all the great things that are just now showing up in production. So maybe I will have held off enough to end up with hovering capabilities and 750 mile driving range. Yes, I need the group's help to keep me grounded and I am looking forward to reading the good humor that I have seen here today. I feel lucky to have found this forum only weeks after jumping into the pool. Hope to see you all at the Superchargers in a few years, save a few amps for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, my name is Gary. It's been only 22 days since I placed my reservation. I was at the unveiling of the X the first night it showed in San Jose at the Santana Row showroom. So my wait has been long but sweet. I'll say that my idea was to not be the first but to wait for maybe some of the extras that might be added to the cars later production. Who knew 3 years ago about all the great things that are just now showing up in production. So maybe I will have held off enough to end up with hovering capabilities and 750 mile driving range. Yes, I need the group's help to keep me grounded and I am looking forward to reading the good humor that I have seen here today. I feel lucky to have found this forum only weeks after jumping into the pool. Hope to see you all at the Superchargers in a few years, save a few amps for me.
Welcome to TMC! So glad you found us. This community is amazing and diverse.

I've been waiting a long time for this type of vehicle to show up. Can't wait to see what Telsa has in store for us! Exciting times.

Thank you Paul and Hill, I can see that it will feel like family here with everyone being like minded and willing to invest into something worthwhile. Since the last time here I found myself motivated in finding out more on what's for sure to be fully functional by the time I get my "X" and that's the new upgrade. I have only been in a P85 for a test ride at the factory. But the "D" and the latest upgrade I found I needed to drive again to see for myself. I have found i can rent a Tesla model P85D and will do so soon. To get a chance to drive over 500 miles should help to lock in that "I want one feeling". Meanwhile I am finding much on YouTube to see what life maybe like with one on the plug at home. Thanks for the warm welcome. Gary

Thank you Paul and Hill, I can see that it will feel like family here with everyone being like minded and willing to invest into something worthwhile. Since the last time here I found myself motivated in finding out more on what's for sure to be fully functional by the time I get my "X" and that's the new upgrade. I have only been in a P85 for a test ride at the factory. But the "D" and the latest upgrade I found I needed to drive again to see for myself. I have found i can rent a Tesla model P85D and will do so soon. To get a chance to drive over 500 miles should help to lock in that "I want one feeling". Meanwhile I am finding much on YouTube to see what life maybe like with one on the plug at home. Thanks for the warm welcome. Gary
Careful, test drives will do that! :)

So I have some friends that understand my obsession of owning no ICE cars and having two Teslas in my garage. Then there are some friends that give me this "Really" why question. I know that most people are not interested in cars for anything other than basic transportation, but for me having grown up with cars and having a career in the automotive field cars are way more than just transportation. The opportunity to own an all electric garage is fascinating, and my goal for the future. I really do not try to explain my reasoning behind my quest because I'm not sure most will understand. I think I have gone over the edge on this but in a good way. Looking forward to the Model X.

Clearly Merrill, you need a Roadster. There are any number of us that rely on one as a coping mechanism, and I can attest to the quality of coping it provides.

As the car is no longer in production, you'll have to find one used. My reasonably unscientific observation is that there are usually a half dozen or so for sale around the country at any one time. Living in California, you'll have reasonable odds that you'll find one in your state. The key idea is to be thinking in terms of a country wide search rather than a local one, and there will be one out there with your name on it, should a 2 seater sports car be necessary to scratch that itch.

I only placed my order/reservation at the end of this January, and it seems like forever.
My coping mechanisms so far...
1. Installing photovotaic system to power the mythical MX and my tiny home. Loan money secured for system, awaiting final permits and installation. Until MX arrives, will be selling excess back to the local power monopoly for pennies.
2. Roaming the interwebs for EV/Tesla news.
3. Making shopping lists of MX add-ons (vinyl wrap, charge cords, light kits, etc)
4. Ordered vanity plates - hope the 1st choice comes through, it won't look too weird on my current car XSTATIC
5. Trying to stay off Amazon, saving every penny for the solar panel and car bills to come.

Any other suggestions?

You all have been a great distraction, so glad I finally came over from the more quiet Tesla.com forums to this entertaining group!

I only placed my order/reservation at the end of this January, and it seems like forever.
My coping mechanisms so far...
1. Installing photovotaic system to power the mythical MX and my tiny home. Loan money secured for system, awaiting final permits and installation. Until MX arrives, will be selling excess back to the local power monopoly for pennies.
2. Roaming the interwebs for EV/Tesla news.
3. Making shopping lists of MX add-ons (vinyl wrap, charge cords, light kits, etc)
4. Ordered vanity plates - hope the 1st choice comes through, it won't look too weird on my current car XSTATIC
5. Trying to stay off Amazon, saving every penny for the solar panel and car bills to come.

Any other suggestions?

You all have been a great distraction, so glad I finally came over from the more quiet Tesla.com forums to this entertaining group!
Your doing all the right stuff, my only solace is that I can drive my Model S. Not sure what I would do if I did not have it. The wait is driving me crazy and my wife says I spend far to much time on this forum.

Your doing all the right stuff, my only solace is that I can drive my Model S. Not sure what I would do if I did not have it. The wait is driving me crazy and my wife says I spend far to much time on this forum.

Thanks for the kind words, Merrill. I do like my current car, for all that he is a gas hog.
Omg, I might as well make these forums my home page! It seems like even the EV news sites get their poop from TMC, the fount of all knowledge.

...The wait is driving me crazy and my wife says I spend far to much time on this forum.
My spouse, having long since discovered my insane mode, regards both my Tesla P85D and this forum as continuing manifestations than my insanity is alive and healthy. That said, she does often raise the subject with 'civilians' before I do. She's quick. I don't have an X on order but she keeps asking me why we cannot order a Model III now. She has hers already speced so Elon has his marching orders for feaute/function right out of the box, no need for other research.:wink:

Got a call from Tesla yesterday. Hello, this is "so and so" from Tesla Motors. Heart starts beating fast and he starts the next sentence with "I'm calling you today to arrange your test drive....". and then he says in Calgary for the Next Billion Tour. DOH. Well at least I know I'll be excited when the sentence ends with Model X. :)

Got a call from Tesla yesterday. Hello, this is "so and so" from Tesla Motors. Heart starts beating fast and he starts the next sentence with "I'm calling you today to arrange your test drive....". and then he says in Calgary for the Next Billion Tour. DOH. Well at least I know I'll be excited when the sentence ends with Model X. :)

That was just cruel. CRUEL. Their database should let them know you have an early reservation so they could start the sentence with, 'This is NOT about the Model X, I'm calling about ...'. Or maybe they DID know and were just having a bit of fun.

Jokesters! :)