TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X Tally

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Joel, Feb 10, 2012.

Tags:
  1. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Welcome to the forum, traxila - and congrats on the reservation!

2. maxbafh

maxbafh Member

Model X - P 131 EU

3. UMD86

UMD86 Member

I think when Tesla publishes the prices it will create more reservations

4. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

#264 brianman, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
    That's kind of the point of advertising... ;)

Also, they've already started advertising via stores.

5. xhawk101

xhawk101 Active Member

My parents reserved model x p number 2028 today for service in Kansas City MO

6. Zextraterrestrial

Um, and me...:biggrin:
    found a few people that are 'in' as long as Tesla is around in a year or two when they are ready for a car
    and a couple that are struggling not to drop the 5K now since I told them 10 month wait currently, and it's not getting cheaper!

7. aja2460

aja2460 Old Member

Model S P14549, thinking about changing to a Model X Signature, or maybe even adding a new Model X Signature as well. The two reservations give me an option for a couple of months... Really thinking the Model X fitting our needs better.

8. Darmok

Darmok P5265 XP2065

Just reserved P2065. Eagerly awaiting Model S P5265.

9. beck.christopher

Changed Model S reservation P13,613 to Model X P2,104.

10. herbvdh

herbvdh Member

May I ask why you switched from a Model S to Model X??? I am wrestling with should I get an S or an X now.

11. beck.christopher

After sitting in the Model S it was comfortable but I think longterm i would prefer a larger vehicle.

12. Zextraterrestrial

#272 Zextraterrestrial, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
    The X is probably better if you have dogs. I think the S will work fine for smaller dogs though. I would imagine the X will have a little bit shorter range due to the size of it and maybe a little higher drag coefficient

1/2/13 - after a trip to SF area and back w/ ~180 lbs of dogs, the S works great! shorter dog loves to stand in the back window and look out. It is much better than the Rav4 was!

13. bonnie

Dogs, lots of toys, and/or lifestyle that requires the AWD option (which I fully expect future models of Model S to have, after the X is launched).

14. aja2460

aja2460 Old Member

Reserved a Production Model X today, 12/31/12. P2272. Woodinville, WA.
    It goes along with my Model S reservation P14549.
    We'll figure out which one, or both in the near future.
    Washington exempts EV's from State Sales Tax until mid 2015, and an earlier reservation may come in handy for me.
    Alan

15. Brian H

Brian H Banned

aja;
    Yeah, it's faintly possible some Xs will get produced in time. But probably a long shot. You'd probably be better off assessing value for dollar without that attempt to save on tax.

16. EchoDelta

EchoDelta Member

Welcome Alan! Feel free to add yourself to the reservation map holders. Good to see more northwest folks. there's also a NW subforum with regional discussions.

17. RDoc

RDoc S85D

I believe (and hope) they will be producing quite a few X's in 2014. Do you have a reason to think differently?

18. bonnie

I've heard early 2014 from reliable sources, but am setting my expectations to be late summer 2014. I have not heard anything that would indicate otherwise.

Not to say that the date cannot slip, but since so much of the Model S production ramp up learnings will apply, along with reuse of much of the software, there is every reason to believe that this will be a smoother rollout, with less schedule resets.

On the other hand, I'm sure that 100% of Tesla's resources are appropriately focused on Model S right now, and at best, there is that one guy in the corner working on the Model X. And that's even debatable. :)

19. RDoc

RDoc S85D

That's been my guess too.

OTOH, they did get some money from California specifically to help get the X into production, so maybe it'll be more like late July? :wink:

20. andrewket

andrewket Well-Known Member

P 2,318 on 1/3/2013, Virginia (DC area).