Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are two views on what should be a first car:

A. Get a cheap used car because new drivers often get into accidents due to lack of driving experience. A cheap used car cost less when it gets wrecked.

- There is not much to say about this veiw. It's pretty self explanatory. It's also what most people do.

B. Get the safest car you can find because you can always replace a car but you can't replace the driver.

I'd stay away from sports cars or SUVs because beginning drivers just don't have the experience to handle them. Note that if there was a "parental setting" to limit speed and acceleration, the used X would be a good choice (like Brianman says).

There are two views on what should be a first car:

A. Get a cheap used car because new drivers often get into accidents due to lack of driving experience. A cheap used car cost less when it gets wrecked.

- There is not much to say about this veiw. It's pretty self explanatory. It's also what most people do.

B. Get the safest car you can find because you can always replace a car but you can't replace the driver.

I'd stay away from sports cars or SUVs because beginning drivers just don't have the experience to handle them. Note that if there was a "parental setting" to limit speed and acceleration, the used X would be a good choice (like Brianman says).

+1 to both. Before my son turned 16, I bought a used Subaru 4wheel drive wagon (we lived in Boulder then). I drove it for six months to assure myself it was safe and reliable. My insurance agent convinced me to carry only minimal coverage, which was ultimately a good call (no need to rehash why :) ).

The Subaru was 'cool enough' in the Boulder environment, was safe, wasn't a performance vehicle, perfect for his ski forays into the local mountains, and was cheap. Great decision.

After ~10 weeks with Model S and almost 2 years with the Roadster, we bit the bullet today and reserved an X-Sig to complete the set. :biggrin:

Sequence #313.

Similar story here, except that I traded in my Roadster for the S. Just added a reservation for Sig X #325. That second NEMA 14-50 outlet in the garage will get some use yet. :wink:

I'm sure I'm not the first, but I wonder how many others have the R,S and now an X reservation? My big decision will be what do with the Roadster; practical arguments say that I shouldn't keep after the X arrives, but it's still such a fun car to drive - that's going to be a tough decision, but it's there to stay for now.

I'm in this club, too, although I bought my Roadster used. Can I still come to the meetings? :smile:

My daily will be the S, the better half gets the X, and the Roadster will be for fun. I'll just set it up for fast dry driving and not take it out in inclement weather.