Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's impressive. They're on track for 1,000 in the first week at this rate. I'm hoping they have a hit on their hands like I think the Model S will be.
I'd be interested to find out (from Tesla) what fraction of these reservations are from existing Model S reservation holders, and what fraction of those are transferring their Model S reservation. I know we've got our poll, but we're not exactly a representative cross-section!

After seeing this I Soo F***'n p****d at Tesla I was on the phone at 2:50 pst when the ordering officially opened. I tried several ways to get the $5000 dollars to them. switching my model S reservation, wiring a second $5K. Nope, no I see I'm going to be around 400th I line.

I got my RN number at 12:30 but that's not the number that matters. the wire hasn't got thru yet so every one this weekend is also jumping in front of me F**K !

TESLA FAIL'D big in my eyes!!!:cursing:

Man, that sucks! I hope that they can figure out a way to get you a lower number! Even if they can't, I don't imagine that the delivery time difference between 1 and 400 is going to be very long given that they should have production pretty well ramped up by then. That said, I totally get it and would be pissed in your shoes.

After seeing this I Soo F***'n p****d at Tesla I was on the phone at 11:50 pst when the ordering officially opened (the sales person told me the site just went live). I tried several ways to get the $5k to them. switching my model S reservation, wiring a second $5K. Nope, no I see I'm going to be around 400th in line.

I got my RN number at 12:30 but that's not the number that matters. The wire has not got thru yet, so everyone who reserves this weekend is also jumping in front of me F**K !

TESLA FAIL'D big in my eyes!!!:cursing:

I'm sure you're disappointed, but Tesla doesn't control bank wires, as far as I know. When I put a deposit down on my Roadster, I gave them a credit card number - did you have that option?

That was my second option I wanted to transfer my model S reservation the sales person said that would take weeks. I said ok so you already have my money just hold my place with what ive already given you. he said we cant do that. WHY THE HELL NOT???? YOU HAVE MY MONEY!!

P.S. Tesla your loosing your start-up agility.

Moving past the frustration, it's likely you spoke with someone who has no power to do anything but take reservations. There likely isn't a "transfer money from one deposit to another deposit" button. It's not like you were talking to Elon himself.

It's very possible that they may place you according to your reservation number. As Bonnie asked, were you not able to use a Credit Card (I used a card at the event)? I don't see this as them losing any sort of agility at all. It's an isolated incident which has some peculiar circumstances -- if anything, the fact that they haven't encountered it before may show them MORE as a startup than anything.

I get it was frustrating, but is +1 month worth that much angst? It's not like you got unlucky, everyone had the same rules for reserving (well, excepting the folks at the actual event).
P.S. Tesla your loosing your start-up agility.
Well, it might be their startup status that makes it hard. They don't have an army of folks to deal with reservations.

Pet peeve: It's "losing", not "loosing". You lose a game, you loosen a knot. I'm always baffled that gets confused given how prevalent discussions of winning and losing are.

Last edited:
Just reserved a Model X, reservation number is 428. ( non-signature )
Keeping our Signature Model S reservation. My wife likes the X, but I like the S better. Not completely sure if we will really get both, but feel strongly enough that Tesla can hold $5000 more of our dollars.
If both cars were available in 6 months it would be a tough choice.