Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I decided to do it. Upgrading to sig reservation in a few days when the funds become available. I'm crazy, I know.
I came to the same crazy conclusion and did the exact same upgrade. However, I also kept my 'P' position. Yep, cost me another 5K but I can apply it to my Sig, if needed. Reason: What happens if I just don't like the color choices/options on the loaded Sig? I asked and I would drop back to the end of the regular production line...who knows how long that will be by then..........And you thought you were crazy (I have that extra 5K hopefully being used to quicken R&D :biggrin:)

Update your profile ("X Resv P3405")?

I will when I get my number. I need a fairly large deposit to appear in the next few days before I'll have it.

- - - Updated - - -

I came to the same crazy conclusion and did the exact same upgrade. However, I also kept my 'P' position. Yep, cost me another 5K but I can apply it to my Sig, if needed. Reason: What happens if I just don't like the color choices/options on the loaded Sig? I asked and I would drop back to the end of the regular production line...who knows how long that will be by then..........And you thought you were crazy (I have that extra 5K hopefully being used to quicken R&D :biggrin:)

I certainly have my concerns on the X's Sig value, and what I could do with $35k liquid capital. That said, my wife wants her X sooner rather than later and likes the idea there may be extra value in it. :)

Well if you were waiting on a spike to sell some stock, it was delivered today. ;)

I wish... No, some other events. Would love to enjoy some stock-selling today but alas, I got out a while ago after doing quite well.

- - - Updated - - -

S744... that's a 45 Sig increase in 13 days. Pretty impressive. At that rate, less than 3 months left to fill up Sig slots...

NEVER in my life did I ever think I'd reserve/order a car without test driving it! Well, I guess there is a first time for everything.

Just put down my deposit for the X. Reservation # 5,874.

Also, ordered my vanity plate. Someone beat me to MODEL X so I had to go with another option.

qsvxxs.jpg

NEVER in my life did I ever think I'd reserve/order a car without test driving it! Well, I guess there is a first time for everything.

Also, ordered my vanity plate. Someone beat me to MODEL X so I had to go with another option.

qsvxxs.jpg

I'm curious what % of Model X reservations do you think are placed by people who own a Model S?

I would think quite high. Maybe 19k Model S sold to date vs. 6.5k Model X reservations. A lot of people have enough love and money to own both!

I'm curious what % of Model X reservations do you think are placed by people who own a Model S?

I would think quite high. Maybe 19k Model S sold to date vs. 6.5k Model X reservations. A lot of people have enough love and money to own both!

Hi pfq1982,

I'd venture to guess it's VERY high. I'm totally NOT the type to spend this kind of money in such a short period on 2 cars but I'm just in love with the technology. I know there are kinks to work out and the car will constantly improve but it's just amazing to me. I figure if something can give a human so much pleasure than why the heck not.

I have several friends and clients that own the Model S and they also have reservations on the Model X. They saw it first hand and I used that objective advice to order it. I haven't seen it myself. Just in the videos.

But I do feel confident that Tesla will have evolved even more and will constantly improve. I STILL think they have a LOT of room for improvement. Especially in their corporate structure, communications and customer service and quality control. But I'm happy enough with how they have responded so far to order the X.

EU res#711 reported today (Norway, of course.. ;) )

Thanks ohh.

Congrats earlyretirement!

Tally Updated...

Just upgraded today about 30 minutes ago (11:30am Tuesday, September 24th) from Model X P #37 to Signature # 761!

Ha, just upgraded and got Signature #762! I know Blurry_eyed is not lying... )

Did you do the wire transfer? CapitalOne is asking for "Recipient" and Tesla says to add the RN# somewhere and that is really the one place to put it...I sent an email to [email protected] but thought one of you might know...