Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks guys! I know it's going to be an excruciatingly long wait so I'm trying to not get too excited yet.

I actually went to the Tesla store in Denver before making my decision, and the first sales rep I spoke with tried to talk me out of reserving the Model X! He said it would be a 2 year wait at this point, and by that time the Model 3 would be coming out. Haha, not a very good sales rep if you ask me! He wasn't very knowledgeable though, he didn't even know Tesla had recently added a second line in their factory which has a higher maximum capacity than the first line. Luckily the second sales rep took me more seriously and actually spent a lot of time showing me the Model S and talking to me about the decision.

I know it might take Tesla a little while to get production numbers up so I'm conservatively telling myself that I'll get the Model X by next ski season (hopefully sooner).

They went "Random" with Model S Reservation #s during early 2013. Sounds like they could now be deciding to obfuscate the reservation numbers to avoid close financial scrutiny.

Yes, I remember that, too. That sucks - I was looking forward to seeing what place in line I was and how big the jump in reservations was after the reveal. I bet there are a huge number of new reservations after last night.

Somebody will probably be able to move up to a Sig. We will be cancelling our SigX 604. I was at the event last night and while the X is a great vehicle..probably the best vehicle out there for carrying many people quickly and in great comfort my wife finds that, unlike our Ss that ate NO compromise sedans, the X compromised on utility (foldable second row seats) for form. In her mind the prototype shown had better utility than the production vehicle.

We intend to revisit the X if it comes to pass that a foldable second row seat option becomes available but we can not defer our SigX reservation we have been told waiting for that possibility.

This decision about cancelling to many will seem trite but it was a hard one for us.:crying:

What is the email address Tesla sends to confirm...last year to reconfirm the reservation we had from 2013 we had to put down the rest of the now $5k deposit (originally it was just $1k to reserve it) was that an upgrade? Have they begun the production models yet? Ours is #3512

- - - Updated - - -

My contract does have a deferral and non-transferability portion

What is the email address Tesla sends to confirm...last year to reconfirm the reservation we had from 2013 we had to put down the rest of the now $5k deposit (originally it was just $1k to reserve it) was that an upgrade? Have they begun the production models yet? Ours is #3512

- - - Updated - - -

My contract does have a deferral and non-transferability portion
The original reservation was $5k, so no, not an upgrade. They haven't even begun producing sigs yet, just confirming orders.

I'm right behind you with what was #3984 until they decided to hide the sequence numbers.

I apologize for the duplicative post (also in the Short-Term Investor Thread).

“It will be real slow for the first several weeks and then shoot up towards the end of the year,” he said Tuesday. He said Tesla has between 20,000 and 25,000 existing reservations for the Model X and that the backlog for delivery now stands at between eight and 12 months."

Tesla Deliveries Rise 49% Without Help From Model X - WSJ

I apologize for the duplicative post (also in the Short-Term Investor Thread).

“It will be real slow for the first several weeks and then shoot up towards the end of the year,” he said Tuesday. He said Tesla has between 20,000 and 25,000 existing reservations for the Model X and that the backlog for delivery now stands at between eight and 12 months."

Tesla Deliveries Rise 49% Without Help From Model X - WSJ
Great info! Thanks.