Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have two identical Sigs with VIN's. Only difference is one is seven seat and one is six seat.

The only difference in VIN's is digit six, also obviously the digit 13-17 vary. The seven seat digit six is "A" and the six seat digit six is "B".

Maybe be that explains digit six and what it means on an X. Everything else works with the above chart.

This is pretty big news then pushing 700 before the end of the year?
Too many threads about this. The topic was discussed over here. I think the consensus guess is a bit lower. There are quite a few in the #004-#700 range who haven't pushed Order/Confirm, yet, and there are a few Sig reservation holders with numbers in the two hundreds and three hundreds who have called but don't have a delivery date. So an optimistic number seems to be 400-500 deliveries before the end of the year, but possibly even fewer.

Monday 12/21/15; our Sig X #0023x arrived at the delivery center, Tuesday 12/22/15; upon calling for status I was asked "are you available this evening around 7:00pm if the vehicle is ready?". A very exciting call and one that unfortunately prompted me to get the kids excited about a holiday road trip. Later that evening I was told that the delivery wouldn't occur, there was a mirror problem and we would know more the next day. Wednesday 12/23/15; 4:11pm no word yet so I text the DS and receive a response "It's actually down in the back of our service center being worked on by 2 of our technicians. I wouldn't be able to unveil it just yet, but we are making progress. It's not looking like it'll be ready this evening but we may be able to have you come down tomorrow morning. I'll give you a call when I'm certain". 6:30pm; I call the DS and am told that the roof glass is bowed and the car won't be ready, I tell them I want to come see the car. 12/24/15; I visit the service center to look at the vehicle, the roof glass is indeed bowed in 2 locations, since the weather strip seems unaffected I ask if we can take delivery of the vehicle with a due bill so the kids can have their road trip. Service notes the glove box will also not open and that only a regional manager could approve the delivery. I email the regional manager requesting delivery. Saturday 12/26/15; I speak with the manager who states the rear seat post is inoperable and the car will not drive without the part being replaced (even though the car was driven at the service center when I viewed it days earlier). I expressed my disappointment, explained to the family that the road trip wasn't happening, and booked flights to our destination. Saturday 1/2/16; we return from our trip and I call the delivery center for status-I'm told that parts are still an issue and I should call back on Monday.

Manufacturing issues are difficult to manage but customer experience is not. While our previous deliveries of a P85+ and a P85D have been a pleasure our model X experience has been horrible at best.

Monday 12/21/15; our Sig X #0023x arrived at the delivery center, Tuesday 12/22/15; upon calling for status I was asked "are you available this evening around 7:00pm if the vehicle is ready?". A very exciting call and one that unfortunately prompted me to get the kids excited about a holiday road trip. Later that evening I was told that the delivery wouldn't occur, there was a mirror problem and we would know more the next day. Wednesday 12/23/15; 4:11pm no word yet so I text the DS and receive a response "It's actually down in the back of our service center being worked on by 2 of our technicians. I wouldn't be able to unveil it just yet, but we are making progress. It's not looking like it'll be ready this evening but we may be able to have you come down tomorrow morning. I'll give you a call when I'm certain". 6:30pm; I call the DS and am told that the roof glass is bowed and the car won't be ready, I tell them I want to come see the car. 12/24/15; I visit the service center to look at the vehicle, the roof glass is indeed bowed in 2 locations, since the weather strip seems unaffected I ask if we can take delivery of the vehicle with a due bill so the kids can have their road trip. Service notes the glove box will also not open and that only a regional manager could approve the delivery. I email the regional manager requesting delivery. Saturday 12/26/15; I speak with the manager who states the rear seat post is inoperable and the car will not drive without the part being replaced (even though the car was driven at the service center when I viewed it days earlier). I expressed my disappointment, explained to the family that the road trip wasn't happening, and booked flights to our destination. Saturday 1/2/16; we return from our trip and I call the delivery center for status-I'm told that parts are still an issue and I should call back on Monday.

Manufacturing issues are difficult to manage but customer experience is not. While our previous deliveries of a P85+ and a P85D have been a pleasure our model X experience has been horrible at best.

That definitely stinks.. I'd be frustrated, too. I can, however, understand that Tesla must have certain QC before releasing cars.

That definitely stinks.. I'd be frustrated, too. I can, however, understand that Tesla must have certain QC before releasing cars.

These 4 issues, and any others they haven't yet disclosed, should have been caught at the factory where parts were readily available. If the car won't drive due to a seat post, or the glass roof is bowed, it shouldn't have been transported. Hearing service state they haven't been trained on how to replace the roof glass is also concerning. Managing the stock price comes at a cost to the customer base. After waiting for years it's a horrible feeling to know your car bypassed a proper factory inspection just so that Wall Street would hear a strong delivery number.

After waiting for years it's a horrible feeling to know your car bypassed a proper factory inspection just so that Wall Street would hear a strong delivery number.

This does not make sense. Delivery numbers are only counted when the customer receives the car, not when the service center receives it. If anything it shows that Tesla cares little about delivery numbers, or that they have already beaten their numbers when they refused your request to take delivery desipte the defects. If they wanted to please wall st so much they would have gladly handed you your keys.

This does not make sense. Delivery numbers are only counted when the customer receives the car, not when the service center receives it. If anything it shows that Tesla cares little about delivery numbers, or that they have already beaten their numbers when they refused your request to take delivery desipte the defects. If they wanted to please wall st so much they would have gladly handed you your keys.

The intention was certainly to deliver the car by 12/31, not to just have it arrive at the service center. I was told that the vehicle had too much visibility to allow my defect on the street. IMO, and based on my experience, someone made the decision to push quality control down to the delivery centers. This allowed the critical path of transport to begin. If your vehicle made it off the line with minor issues the service center would solve them. Some owners benefited from this approach and received their vehicles in Q4, I wasn't so lucky. The defects my MX arrived with should have been caught and solved at the factory. A factory inspection may also have been in the best interest of the vehicles that passed the service center inspections. If what I've been told, that the roof would leak water and the seat post problem would prevent the car from driving, was true, then the vehicle should never have made it on a truck.

Hopefully I'm an unfortunate exception to a thorough inspection process. As I said in the original post I understand manufacturing issues happen. While I'm uncomfortable with the roof glass being replaced in the field my main source of dissatisfaction is the experience as a whole. A customer advocate or a proactive informational call could have made the situation more bearable. Throughout this 2-3 year process I have never received one proactive call, even the status on the site remains 'Your model X order has been confirmed'.

- - - Updated - - -

"Roof glass is ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿bowed"??????????? Color me skeptical.

And in two locations?????

There is something beyond bizarre here.

Two separate roof panels each bowed once. Glass panel on drivers side bowed on leading edge. Center glass panel also bowed (more so) along leading edge. I will go down Monday to get some pictures.

Relative to the Regional Manager's comment about the car not being driven, it could be true because the cars are delivered to the service centers with Factory software. The Factory software load allows the car to perform functions that the delivery software would not. When the service center fully checks out the car they do a software update to the latest release for your delivery.

Indeed.

Welcome to the forums, Pilot65. Your first few posts seem to paint a bit of an implausible scenario, but I hope you get your issues resolved soon if all info you present is accurate.

With reliance in part on the integrity of what the company is telling me it unfortunately is. When I first saw the car I was able to see the bows in the 2 roof panels and at that time a service tech noted the glove box wouldn't open, I didn't actually try to open the glove box. The mirror issue was the first item shared with me during a phone call, never to be mentioned again, and the seat post was shared by the regional manager subsequent to my visit. Yesterday I returned to the service center and met with the service manager. I was told that all parts had been received, the roof panel had been replaced, and the only item remaining was a problem with one of the falcon doors closing. He stated that an engineer was working on it and was confident it was just a calibration issue and the car should be ready today. I noted that this was the first time I was hearing about a door problem and asked if it was similar to a friends X that was returned for service over the weekend with a door issue. He stated that my issue was with the door closing, my friends issue was with the sensor interrupting his door from opening. I questioned his reference to the panel (singular) on the roof being replaced asking if he meant both panels had been replaced. He said he was only aware of one bow. I reminded him that there was also a bow in the center panel. He said he would look at it.

Today I left a message for my DS, he responded in a voicemail "Hey Bill I got your voicemail from this morning I'm back in the office as you can see I checked with my manager of service you met a couple times and this morning he did tell me that the part he's waiting for has not arrived yet, he said that the transport seems to be back ahh initiated today as far as things coming from the factory so he's expecting it hopefully in the next day tomorrow to be exact but it had not arrived between yesterday when things got kind of back started and today so we're still waiting on it- he said to expect it by tomorrow and I'll be in touch with you about but you can give me a call back I'm back in the office you have my number and extension look forward to hearing from you". After hearing the voicemail I called the service manager, he stated he was waiting on parts and didn't have any specific information on them. I reminded him that he told me yesterday that the door issue was a calibration issue, he stated that he told me it was an issue with both doors, one not closing and the other not opening-I respectfully disagreed. I asked what parts specifically he was waiting for, he said an ultrasonic sensor, I asked once the part arrives how long it takes to install it-he said maybe 2-3 hours. I noted that every time I call I'm told of a new issue, first a mirror was broken, then 2 glass panels were bowed, then the glove box wouldn't open, then the rear seat post was inoperable, then one door wouldn't close and now today one door won't close and the other won't open. I noted my frustration that the car doesn't seem to be getting an overall review and noted I'd like to come see the car-he said he would not be able to show it to me. I asked if the doors were the last item on his punch list, he said they were. I then asked if he looked into the center roof panel that we discussed the day before. He noted that he did and he had to order a new roof panel and that this panel was urethaned in and would have to be cut out to be replaced. I asked if that part is delayed will they allow the car to be delivered with a due bill-he said that was up to someone else. Needless to say another frustrating experience.