Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We haven't really seen any numbers reported yet that would tell us what the change in reservation rate has been. Even if we did, you really need to judge these things on average rather than looking at any one data point.

If I'm not mistaken the Model X reservation rate is already outpacing the Model S rate for the same stage in it's development. I'd expect an up-tick as well, but we won't really be able to judge that for several weeks (assuming we even get data).

Finally, the Model X is going to be produced in slightly smaller quantities than the Model S. Perhaps you are confusing this with the Gen III vehicle for which they are not yet taking reservations.

I am not confusing this with Gen III - but thanks :)

It does not surprise me that the Model X reservation rate is already outpacing the Model S rate at the same stage of development, but this really does not say much to me considering the rollout of the Model S has given customers confidence in the company as a whole --> therefore increasing the likelihood of earlier reservations for a subsequent model.

We'll see how these numbers turn out..

^^^ Wow, guess that was expensive night staying at home...... ;-)

Congrats on a great decision!

P.S. we had friends over last night, one of the guys said "As good as your car sounds, we'll always have ICEs..." (He owns a Shelby and a Lamborghini, his wife drives a Porsche Cayenne). I immediately got my key and said "Let's go for a ride then...." taking him and another buddy for a 5 minute spin. Result: he now wants an S; our other friend who rode in the back is planning on an X.
:biggrin:

Last edited:
Nigel's story above is the exact reason I'm so excited, not just about MY Model X, but the whole future of the EV (but still, c'mon 2014!!).
We really love our LEAF, knew we were going to get one as soon as we knew it existed. I'm proud of Carlos Gosen for putting such a big chunk of his huge company toward the effort. We have Zero complaints about our LEAF.

BUT- starting from scratch- Elon has now raised the bar so freakin' high that Lamborghini OWNERS are saying, "oh, okay. It's Tesla for me!" Almost unbelievable, and it's NOT some old story. This is HAPPENING. Can't not mention CR: "this is the best car". YeeHa!

ps are we putting a P in front of our queue # to indicate 'production'? Not 'performance' right? That comes later? ML

ps are we putting a P in front of our queue # to indicate 'production'? Not 'performance' right? That comes later? ML

Well, the only choices right now are sig or production so maybe too early to start marking down performance when we don't even know what the performance model will do. ;)

And agreed about our Leaf though I wish it had 25 more miles range (the originally promised 100 miles, instead of the real world 75-80). Still way better than any ICE.

Yeah, I was worried. No question about AWD or Perf. Just "how would you like to get the $5k to us? thanks" :redface:

edit: posted reservation over at TM. looks like 10-12 per day last week
edit of the edit: sorry, bad math in my head. May 18-21, ~14/day

Last edited:
Model S reservation price dropped to $2,500 somewhat recently. Is it still $5k for the Model X?

$5,000 is what went from me to them. I noticed the reduction $ for the S res. about 5 minutes later. "Huh?" I recall some mention that TM was considering that change. When did it go into effect?

oh & still running at ~ 14/day :cool: ML