Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
but considering that the delivery delay between Signature and Regular will be so big, at least 6 months. The difference in features would have to be very big for the post people to really skip the Sig reservation.
Also I dont think there are to many people thatdid it the way you did it.
And all the Sig reservations are soldout anyway, so all reservation from the time they were sold out (months ago) wont have the double reservation method you have.

I do not know the actual number of people with double resevations but there are a few of us. Few could be 5, 10 or 100, I have no idea but I do know that a few people both on TMC and TM forums have commented they have done the same. I doubt the number is really significant, I just brought up the point because of a question of how the S cancellation rate may help us with the X cancellation rate.

I also have dual reservation on X. (Sig and early production reservation number)
Quite possible I will keep one, sell the other to family (no profit) or to a strenger and then the highest bidder. (Make a profit)
By the time X arrives in the store, most or all of the production for 2015 will be sold out, some people will pay ekstra to get the car faster.

sigurdi

Quite possible I will keep one, sell the other to family (no profit) or to a strenger and then the highest bidder. (Make a profit)
By the time X arrives in the store, most or all of the production for 2015 will be sold out, some people will pay ekstra to get the car faster.

sigurdi

Good luck with selling your reservation, that is not going to fly. You could buy the car and then sell it, but you won't get the tax credit and you'll take quite the hit on sales tax.

Good luck with selling your reservation, that is not going to fly. You could buy the car and then sell it, but you won't get the tax credit and you'll take quite the hit on sales tax.

Will by it first, and sell it as used, not possible to sell your reservation.
Some used Model S is still soled for higher price then new, here in Norway. :)

When X is delivered, it will be sellers marked.
Norwegian do not like to wait and it is possibility that the government will remove some of the tax benefits in 2016.
One can by mine second X, summer of 2015, when hopefully it arrives, or order a brand new from Tesla (at a lower price), with delivery sometime in 2016. :)
Having 2X for a while, would just be nice. :)

Will by it first, and sell it as used, not possible to sell your reservation.
Some used Model S is still soled for higher price then new, here in Norway. :)

When X is delivered, it will be sellers marked.
Norwegian do not like to wait and it is possibility that the government will remove some of the tax benefits in 2016.
One can by mine second X, summer of 2015, when hopefully it arrives, or order a brand new from Tesla (at a lower price), with delivery sometime in 2016. :)
Having 2X for a while, would just be nice. :)

Have no intention of selling my additional reservation, even if it were possible. If I am going to make money on TM, it will be through my investment in TSLA.

It is not that many double reservations, since it is limited with Signature cares available.

It is one thing that can bring the real reservation number down compared to the double reservation scenario.
People that have reserved one car, changed their mine, canceled, and made a new reservation later on.
Of the 1200 signature vehicles available from USA 1356 is the highest reservation number.
If it is 1200 signature available in USA, is more than 10% of the numbers that is not in use. :)
(Maybe it is some overhead, only Tesla knows)

The signature is higher deposit, so more likely that more people, would like their money back compared to the Production.
Same overhead on all cars will be a total of 2000, and still means that it is more than a total of 15000 reservation holders.
Same production ratio from Q2 as S have today (7500), Q2 and Q3 of 2015 almost sold out. :)

Lot of people saying that reservations can't be sold with absolute certainty.

Has anyone asked Tesla?

Agreement reads: This Agreement is not transferable or assignable to another party without the prior written approval of a Tesla authorized representative.

Zaxxon is correct. You might get Tesla to agree to transfer a reservation to a same-name relative but otherwise they have a clear policy of not facilitating profit-making within the reservation queue.

Interesting. The reason I asked is because I know someone who told me over the weekend that a family member had sold their Sig reservation because they needed another vehicle sooner. Perhaps they were misinformed.

You can get your deposit refunded at any time, so there's never a pressing need to sell the reservation spot if you need the money for whatever.

It's not only the "right thing" for Tesla to stop scalping, allowing reservations to be sold would potentially add a massive uncertainty into the numbers and they would have even less idea of what real demand was; never mind the admin headaches.

Were we ever sure it was 1,200?!

Nope, but it's the best info we have.
Agree. The Model X Tally shows about 17% overbooked for those signatures if we're right. So that's likely a combination of a buffer (lessons from Model S Signature cancellations) + actual cancellations. I doubt we'll see any additional ones becoming available once pricing and options are announced.

I read a post here somewhere where someone reported a Tesla HQ employee telling them that there were to be 900 signatures for the USA.
This post:
Model X Tally - Page 86

I think that they overbooked US signatures by a good margin to handle those who may cancel (2 reservations, pick one after pricing and options come out), who have cancelled since Feb 2012 and to offer the buffer in terms of financials to help increase the dollar figure of customer reservations.