Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X three years out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As the voice of dissent I will say that since I hate selling cars, I leased my last Tesla 2 years ago.
Gave it 10,000 miles a year. The lease is up in 3 weeks and I am at 20,300 miles. So at least in 1 case the lease worked pretty well as planned.
That’s a great point. I hate selling things and getting chiseled down. Selling a house is stressful enough.

you already said you want to keep the car for 5-7 years. leasing is not a realistic option.
Yes that’s the plan unless technology makes a leap I can’t resist. I’m not a car person, I’m a technology person so that’s what’s got me sucked into this game. I’m looking into the business deduction but I’m not sure my business can justify that.

Yes that’s the plan unless technology makes a leap I can’t resist. I’m not a car person, I’m a technology person so that’s what’s got me sucked into this game. I’m looking into the business deduction but I’m not sure my business can justify that.
If you are looking at the business deduction, make sure you speak to a CPA first. Current tax code allows you to write of 100% of the model x, BUT it can act as a red flag and you need to be able to justify it

• Disagree
Reactions: GayForEllon

You should consider a preowned 2017 onwards as best value to get in the Tesla game ..you will see a lot of threads here lately on price ,option changes that Tesla introduces periodically ...generally from that point main technical difference in X was the MCU2 introduced in March this year ....

Reactions: Gpa9504
You should consider a preowned 2017 onwards as best value to get in the Tesla game ..you will see a lot of threads here lately on price ,option changes that Tesla introduces periodically ...generally from that point main technical difference in X was the MCU2 introduced in March this year ....
If he can write off the model x as a business expense, might make more sense to buy a new one

Great point and I’ve been looking but I keep seeing used models cost more than new models. What is going on with that?

There have been many posts and I think really your questions have been answered in the thread that has already been linked. All I have to add is:

it is way too fun to drive it NOW, so now way would I wait any longer! The sooner you get one, the sooner you can enjoy it! If the refresh is THAT amazing in a few years, I'll just buy another one and trade this one in. I doubt it'll be that much better though.

I think the car is near perfect now. All it's missing is about a 1000kwh battery ;)

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA