Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X three years out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To add to that, unless you are writing off the lease as a business expense, leasing is significantly more expensive over that time period (i.e. having 2 separate 3 year leases) than purchasing or loaning

True in the US. Out here (Switzerland) leasing is the best option. The interest rate is (literally) an order of magnitude lower for a lease than a personal loan, and leasing interest is tax deductible. Took me a while to wrap my head around that when I got my first car out here.

BTW if you want the 22 look but with 20s, your best bet is to buy the tsportline 20 inch turbines in black. They are 2k (although they run deals so keep an eye out) and you can use the stock tires and get some money back selling the stock wheels (or keep them for snow tires)

Reactions: MelaniainLA
BTW if you want the 22 look but with 20s, your best bet is to buy the tsportline 20 inch turbines in black. They are 2k (although they run deals so keep an eye out) and you can use the stock tires and get some money back selling the stock wheels (or keep them for snow tires)
I think this is my desired setup. Most of the way to the 22 look in matte black but no range hit or bumpy ride. I’m in Seattle so no awful winters. I just don’t want any trouble from Tesla.

Last question...if I went this route do I need the tires and rims or just the rims. Meaning can I strip the stock tires off and put them on the tsportline rims or is that not ideal? I believe you mentioned that but I’m double checking.

Thank you too btw for all the help.

I think this is my desired setup. Most of the way to the 22 look in matte black but no range hit or bumpy ride. I’m in Seattle so no awful winters. I just don’t want any trouble from Tesla.

Last question...if I went this route do I need the tires and rims or just the rims. Meaning can I strip the stock tires off and put them on the tsportline rims or is that not ideal? I believe you mentioned that but I’m double checking.

Thank you too btw for all the help.
Just the rims. You can use the stock 20 in tires. They are actually designed to be a direct swap in replacement

Reactions: MelaniainLA
@GayForEllon Any reason why you disliked my post?

It’s not just you — @GayForEllon has been, for the last several months, systematically disliking ALL my most, irrespective of the thread (including offers to buy Tesla parts/accessories, or providing advice to other owners or prospective buyers). It’s some weird form of cyberstalking — whenever I post, you can be guaranteed he’ll dislike it shortly thereafter. And then, his MO seems to be to dislike posts of people who like or respond positively to my posts.

I figure he’s either someone I know in real life and is trolling me for indescribable personal gain or entertainment OR it’s someone I inadvertently pissed off with one of my posts or “Disagrees” and is taking a lot of time to look up my posts and systematically Disagree with them. There are multiple threads in which your exact question has been posted to the very same TMC member. SMH!

It’s not just you — @GayForEllon has been, for the last several months, systematically disliking ALL my most, irrespective of the thread (including offers to buy Tesla parts/accessories, or providing advice to other owners or prospective buyers). It’s some weird form of cyberstalking — whenever I post, you can be guaranteed he’ll dislike it shortly thereafter. And then, his MO seems to be to dislike posts of people who like or respond positively to my posts.

I figure he’s either someone I know in real life and is trolling me for indescribable personal gain or entertainment OR it’s someone I inadvertently pissed off with one of my posts or “Disagrees” and is taking a lot of time to look up my posts and systematically Disagree with them. There are multiple threads in which your exact question has been posted to the very same TMC member. SMH!
I see the trend. That's very immature of him/her

He’s a tesla hating troll who can’t accept that people are happy with their cars. Anyone on TMC who’s given more dislikes than likes is a troll IMO

Thank you that’s great information. I did a lot of research into the 22s and I’m aware of the range penalty which of course I’m not happy about but given that road trips only happen maybe once or twice per year I don’t think it’s going to be a huge issue for me. The logic I’m selling myself is that I’ll stop at the same superchargers no matter if I have 30% or 10% left. I’m not even a car person which makes it sound strange that I would get those but when I’m spending $100,000 in a vehicle it’s really tough to have it looking like a minivan. No judgement on anyone else when I say that either!
The way I see it, anyone who calls my X a minivan is going to have to come to terms with a minivan destroying them off the line. If that's the story they want to go with, I think they should be more embarrassed than me. :)