Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Timeline - From Prototype to Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my 75D (Midnight Silver Metallic, cream Interior, enhanced autopilot and 5 seater) on 3/24. A taste of summer today in the midwest, anxious to get my Tesla to do some cruising! Hoping that I'm surprised and my Tesla is delivered in May instead of mid-to-late June.

Ordered Model X 100D, pearl white, standard 20” wheels, black premium interior, enhanced auto pilot, and premium upgrades package on 4/27/18. Order was confirmed on 5/1/18. Initially told to expect delivery late June. Received call from my Delivery Advisor on 5/7/18 indicating the car would be produced the first week of June, and to expect delivery by end of June (no change to initial timing of delivery communicated).

I wonder how many people ordered Tesla's and have not visited or posted on this website. If only 50% post here, Tesla should have no prob cranking out these numbers. But I fear the actual numbers are much much higher. My VIN is in the high 103k

I ordered my Tesla Model X 100D on the 20th of March 2018 and was told that I will get delivery in June. My car has been in production since June 7th and it is still in production ! Can anybody share their experience how long did it take Tesla to produce a Model X ? And then how long did it take to deliver the car? My delivery center is in Orange County - South California.

There is a vehicle in stock that has a VIN number 800 numbers after mine and my vehicle is till being shown as in production after 9 days ! Something weird is going on at Tesla...

They don’t always follow VIN. We have a site in Norway, Tesla Registration Stats, that tracks all registration of Tesla’s from the Norwegian DMV. Not much traffic there on a Saturday, but you can use the arrows on the page to go back.

Maybe I will include VIN registrations and maybe the same from my inventory site?

Good Day All. My first post here. I have been reading a few of the threads about Tesla to prepare myself for ordering a Model X.

I did that last night from a tablet in my living room.

Model X
Performance
22" Wheels
Full Autopilot
5 Seats
Ordered: 4/30/2019 (at about 8PM Eastern)

All I have right now is the vague delivery estimate of "May". My goal was to get it in time for the $3750 tax credit.

I am so excited! The Tesla Model X is far from perfect, but it is a beautiful car that performs very well. My only real criticisms is that doors do not feel like they close solidly. More of a 'clank' than a 'thud' when they close. The other is the seat head rest is to short, even when fully extended. I am a tall man, and the base of the head rest cuts into my neck where it meets my shoulders. I think I can find an aftermarket neck pillow to mitigate that.

The car I am moving from is the Audi Q5. I have a 2013 that I bought new. I upgraded the wheels on it, and installed OEM European tail lights on it because I prefer the amber strip for a turn signal.=)

I cannot wait for the X to arrive! I am already talking to a detail shop about getting it stealth wrapped and chrome delete. To bad Tesla does not offer a chrome delete option. It is a very popular look.