TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X Timeline - From Prototype to Production

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by bonnie, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Big Red 71

Big Red 71 Member

Ordered my 75D (Midnight Silver Metallic, cream Interior, enhanced autopilot and 5 seater) on 3/24. A taste of summer today in the midwest, anxious to get my Tesla to do some cruising! Hoping that I'm surprised and my Tesla is delivered in May instead of mid-to-late June.

2. XjteX

XjteX Member

X75D ordered 4/22, confirmed 4/26. Waiting for a VIN. Delivery in late June.

3. lilpenny1

lilpenny1 Member

Did you get your VIN yet? I ordered right after you and confirmed on May 1. I did get email stating they upgraded me to the new Creame interior since they just changed it. Hopefully that means something is in the works.

4. XjteX

XjteX Member

Got my VIN on May 5!!!!

5. lilpenny1

lilpenny1 Member

Awesome!! That's a good sign for me hopefully. What area are you in?

6. XjteX

XjteX Member

AZ so I'll be one of the last

7. lilpenny1

lilpenny1 Member

Ok, cool. I'm in Los Angeles. Thanks for the update. I got the 75D also.

8. lilpenny1

lilpenny1 Member

Got my VIN today!! Right on time.

• Like x 1
  9. walker450

walker450 Member

Woot! Woot!! Car changed status today... "Your Tesla is currently in Production."" Cant wait.... Home Wall charger installed and ready to go....

• Like x 2
  10. Rpcpa247

Rpcpa247 New Member

Ordered Model X 100D, pearl white, standard 20” wheels, black premium interior, enhanced auto pilot, and premium upgrades package on 4/27/18. Order was confirmed on 5/1/18. Initially told to expect delivery late June. Received call from my Delivery Advisor on 5/7/18 indicating the car would be produced the first week of June, and to expect delivery by end of June (no change to initial timing of delivery communicated).

11. XjteX

XjteX Member

I wonder how many people ordered Tesla's and have not visited or posted on this website. If only 50% post here, Tesla should have no prob cranking out these numbers. But I fear the actual numbers are much much higher. My VIN is in the high 103k

12. ZEPHYRHATS

ZEPHYRHATS Member

Ordered my x on March 8th for delivery here in Colorado. I was told 2nd or 3rd week of June. Not in production yet but Tesla guy called and said I will get it June 5th. Maybe sooner. Getting excited.

• Like x 1
  13. Indian King

Indian King Member

I ordered my Tesla Model X 100D on the 20th of March 2018 and was told that I will get delivery in June. My car has been in production since June 7th and it is still in production ! Can anybody share their experience how long did it take Tesla to produce a Model X ? And then how long did it take to deliver the car? My delivery center is in Orange County - South California.

14. Indian King

Indian King Member

Did you get your car ?

15. walker450

walker450 Member

Picking Up Today
    Ordered: 3/4/2018
    Confirmed: 3/8/2018
    VIN: 5/12/2018
    Production: 5/18/2018
    Delivery: 6/15/2018
    99 Days

Finally !!!!

• Love x 1
  16. Indian King

Indian King Member

There is a vehicle in stock that has a VIN number 800 numbers after mine and my vehicle is till being shown as in production after 9 days ! Something weird is going on at Tesla...

17. nasatech

nasatech Member

They don’t always follow VIN. We have a site in Norway, Tesla Registration Stats, that tracks all registration of Tesla’s from the Norwegian DMV. Not much traffic there on a Saturday, but you can use the arrows on the page to go back.

Maybe I will include VIN registrations and maybe the same from my inventory site?

18. Anzir

Anzir Supporting Member

You must be getting pushed to July because of the 200k limit being reached for the federal tax incentive.

19. Sion

Sion New Member

Picked Up Model X 75D Yesterday
    Ordered: 4/28/2018
    Confirmed: 5/2/2018
    Production: 6/5/2018
    Delivery: 6/23/2018

• Like x 1
  20. Daisame

Daisame Member

Good Day All. My first post here. I have been reading a few of the threads about Tesla to prepare myself for ordering a Model X.

I did that last night from a tablet in my living room.

Model X
    Performance
    22" Wheels
    Full Autopilot
    5 Seats
    Ordered: 4/30/2019 (at about 8PM Eastern)

All I have right now is the vague delivery estimate of "May". My goal was to get it in time for the $3750 tax credit.

I am so excited! The Tesla Model X is far from perfect, but it is a beautiful car that performs very well. My only real criticisms is that doors do not feel like they close solidly. More of a 'clank' than a 'thud' when they close. The other is the seat head rest is to short, even when fully extended. I am a tall man, and the base of the head rest cuts into my neck where it meets my shoulders. I think I can find an aftermarket neck pillow to mitigate that.

The car I am moving from is the Audi Q5. I have a 2013 that I bought new. I upgraded the wheels on it, and installed OEM European tail lights on it because I prefer the amber strip for a turn signal.=)

I cannot wait for the X to arrive! I am already talking to a detail shop about getting it stealth wrapped and chrome delete. To bad Tesla does not offer a chrome delete option. It is a very popular look.

• Like x 3