TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X Timeline - From Prototype to Production

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by bonnie, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Aljohn

Aljohn Member

Congrats on your order. You'll enjoy your X. The Insane mode is awesome. BTW, the seat headrest adjust upward according to the distance the seats moved back. hopefully, it will be better when u customize your settings.

2. Daisame

Daisame Member

Thanks. I tried fiddling with the headrest a bunch in the the service center and during a test drive. It was not great. I just thing that it should be redesigned a bit to make it a little more traditional. It looks nice, but practicality makes it difficult on some old tall fat guys like me. =)

3. Daisame

Daisame Member

It seems they have at least a couple week backlog getting VINs out. At least according to the tracker. Hopefully when they start giving them out again, they will give us all VINs at the same time, in a batch. Rather than just handing out one at a time at a longer multi-week lead time.

4. srijey

srijey Tesla Fundie

Has anyone received the new MX with permanent magnet motors yet?

5. Bijaya

Bijaya New Member

its tough time.

6. TKGA

TKGA Member

Just placed a deposit today on a Model X - red/white 20” two-tone slipstream 6-seat config. Not sure what to expect from here but it says delivery estimate is June.

7. candy_sr

candy_sr Member

What trim did you get? SR? LR? Performance?

8. TKGA

TKGA Member

9. Rice&Curry

Rice&Curry Member

place order on 4/29, confirmed on 4/30 , MX, 5 seat, LR, FSD, White, San Jose, CA delivery .... no news on VIN yet

10. polinter

polinter Member

Placed order on May 20th for a Black, performance with ludicrous, 22” inch wheels, white 5 seat with carbon trim and FSD. Tesla called me last week and asked if I wanted to take delivery June 11th; was given VIN yesterday and stated production slated to be complete June 9th.

11. 2SandanX

2SandanX New Member

Ordered Model X Performance, six seat, with ludicrous, 22" wheels, Blue with tan. No Vin yet. My Owner rep in local store is great but has no news, I am getting worried I don't have a vin or delivery date yet. My third Telsa, S P85d , S P90D and now the Blue Beast!