Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Tinting Recommendations in San Diego?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen a bunch of posts but never see any answers. I'll piggy back on this post.

Has anyone tinted their entire windshield on their Model X? I did it on my Model S as I wanted to cut the heat out and it worked extremely well. I tinted my entire windshield with Pinnacle clear tint. (Here in California, you're not supposed to tint the windshield but I never had any issues). You couldn't even see it.

I just picked up my Model X on Monday and immediately I could feel the intense heat. I live here in San Diego where it's sunny year round. Wow, does it generate a lot of heat and glare! I took it in to Mr. Tint (Escondido) where I took my Model S 3+ years ago. The guy there, John (great guy) was in awe at the GIANT windshield. He said he has NEVER in 20+ years in the business seen a windshield as gigantic as the Model X.

I asked another member on this board and he said he used another company and had to do it in two pieces. He said you could see the lines in the tint but it was worth it as he had the same issue as I did with the intense heat and glare from the giant window. The guy at Mr. Tint said that the only way to do it would be in two pieces as they don't have the roll big enough to do it in one. He was asking if those that did it before, had to remove the plastic divider on the glass roof dividing down the center.

Did any of you tint the entire windshield? What was your experience like and what did you use? And were any of you able to do it in 1 piece? I'd love to know about your experience, what film you used and the place you used if you're in/near San Diego. And also how much did it cost?

Thanks in advance.

PS dannimerk - I used Mr. Tint in Escondido 3 years ago when I bought my Model S and they did a great job. I paid $560 back then to tint my entire windshield, my entire panoramic sunroof, all the windows and the back of my car. He estimated to do all 4 doors and back, sunroof and entire windshield it would be $740 on the Model X.

But like you, I don't see much information on how people did it.

Mr. Tint's phone number is (760) 746-7866. John's email is [email protected]

Last edited: