Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Tires - Replacement Miles

At How many miles did you replace MX Tires

• 20K miles

Votes: 23 26.1%
  • 25K miles

Votes: 18 20.5%
  • 30K miles

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • 30 - 35K miles

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • 35 - 40K miles

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • 40 - 45k miles

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • 45 - 50k miles

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • 50 - 55k miles

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 55 - 60k miles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60 - 65k miles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Over 65k miles

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My original Contis just got replaced at 32K and 3.5 years. I probably could have pushed them to 35K+, but the car was in for AP2 to 3 upgrade and the SC offered an alignment with install for $160 even though I had tires delivered to them for $570, Nexen N'Fera RU5 Korean tires someone recommended here on the forum for the MX. Only 200 miles on them, but so far I love them, no noise, gripped road during launch test, and no noticeable change in range.

• Helpful
Reactions: bhorn
My original Contis just got replaced at 32K and 3.5 years. I probably could have pushed them to 35K+, but the car was in for AP2 to 3 upgrade and the SC offered an alignment with install for $160 even though I had tires delivered to them for $570, Nexen N'Fera RU5 Korean tires someone recommended here on the forum for the MX. Only 200 miles on them, but so far I love them, no noise, gripped road during launch test, and no noticeable change in range.
Where did you order the tires from?

Where did you order the tires from?

simpletire

They popup an offer for 10% off if you sign up for email. Shipping was fast, but some developer thought it would be nice to offer text and email updates every time FedEx updates the tracking record. Just ignore them for 2 or 3 days and your tires will arrive at the SC or other install shop.

Reactions: bhorn
Those are the tires I have on my 20's and they ride surprisingly well. I changed to them back in November (now have the 22's on w/Pirelli's). Road noise is minimal and traction seems to be the same as if I had the expensive Conti's on there again.

That’s sad. Just picked up a used MX tires look new. Hope I don’t have to replace every year.
I picked up my used X a week ago. I brought a tread depth gauge with me. 3 of the tires were just in the “green zone” (7/32) and one was 9/32. I was hoping for 4 brand new ones but I’ve resigned myself to the fact that I’ll probably need tires before the year is over.

I picked up my used X a week ago. I brought a tread depth gauge with me. 3 of the tires were just in the “green zone” (7/32) and one was 9/32. I was hoping for 4 brand new ones but I’ve resigned myself to the fact that I’ll probably need tires before the year is over.

Could you please post a pic or 2 to show novices how/where to measure to see if mine are due for replacement? Thank you.

Do you think your Nexen RU5's will last longer than the original Tesla tires that came from the factory?

Do you think your Nexen RU5's will last longer than the original Tesla tires that came from the factory?
It's anyone's guess but I saw the other forum member who obviously drives more miles than I had gone through them in about the same miles as the OEM, 30Kish, in a year I think it was. We shall see, but for less than half the price I will be OK getting 30K out of these. Funny that they come with a 65K tread-ware warranty, but obviously our staggered setup voids that gimmick.

Reactions: bayx
Reactions: bayx