TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X to be at New York Fashion Week

Discussion in 'Model X' started by S'toon, Feb 16, 2016.

1. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

#1 S'toon, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    http://electrek.co/2016/02/16/tesla-neiman-marcus-model-x-new-york-fashion-week/

2. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Ugh. Why would Tesla want to be associated with Needless Markup? Maybe this is a good thing. I don't see it though.

3. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

Free publicity? Actually, I see this move as an extremely positive thing. Up until now, Tesla has been trying to undersell the Model-X (IMO because they can't make them fast enough and prefer to realize immediate sales and have people buy a Model-S) and this is the first sign that they are trying to upsell the Model-X. That should mean that they have confidence that they can ramp up quickly now (if I have read the tea-leaves correctly).

4. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

Maybe a custom interior? Or maybe everyone arriving to the red carpet via falcons?

5. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Thanks for the positive spin.

I don't know about that interior. The falcon door exits would certainly create some buzz. Hopefully the don't suddenly decide not to work though! :eek::redface::wink:

6. aznt1217

aznt1217 Active Member

Does anybody know where it will be? I can't find details for the life of me.

7. pvogel

pvogel Member

At the very least getting out of a falcon door should significantly reduce the incidence of paparazzi crotch shots sine you can stand up and get out without spreading your legs...

8. pthill65

pthill65 Member

See, these are the practical aspects of Falcon Wing Doors that people don't appreciate. :rolleyes:

9. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

I find it interesting that the Model X is being shown all over but someone who has a confirmed order cannot see one.

10. CarlK

CarlK Member

#10 CarlK, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
    Their markets do overlap especially for woman with higer disposible incomes.

Tesla could provide a few X for stars attending this year's Oscar. That could be a great advertisement money can't buy.

11. Snow Drift

Snow Drift Member