TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X Tow Hitch

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Phil the North, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Phil the North

I just called the Toronto Lawrence service center and they are refusing to sell me the tow hitch. I had picked up my car back in March and didn't think I needed this option, but now I realize it's good for carrying my bikes.

Has anyone had a similar issue and got a solution?

The service rep hinted that I could go to the US and they would sell me one there. But that seems like a lot of trouble for something so simple.

2. Richgoogol

Richgoogol Member

Well I had a similar situation like yours, after picking up the car, it felt like a good option to have for carrying bikes. Only I had approached them back in June when they had no issue ordering the part and installing it for me. I guess I must have lucked out. I assume the reason they are doing this is because it comes as a standard to all Model X now. Did you post something on the forum? I have come across posts of people selling theirs. They might be able to ship it to you, which is much easier than to driving all the way to the US.

3. SMSMD

SMSMD Active Member

2” hitch receiver