Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Towing a Boat

Cosmacelf

Mar 6, 2013
San Diego
I would have expected nothing less :). The only other test I'm curious about is how well the motor/battery cooling system does towing over a mountain grade.

Lyon

2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D
Dec 26, 2011
Eugene, Oregon
The laws of physics are not kind to the X towing a boat. The Wh/mi is the challenge in towing. I'll try to post the full video later today.

I expected it to be bad but, perhaps, not that bad. I look forward to the full video whenever you get it done. No huge hurry.

EarlyAdopter

Jun 24, 2012
Redmond, WA
Perhaps there's a new market to be served in Superchargers located near popular boat launches.

They'd have to be pull-through style Superchargers though.

patrick42h

May 20, 2014
Indianapolis
Perhaps there's a new market to be served in Superchargers located near popular boat launches.

They'd have to be pull-through style Superchargers though.

I think Tesla is doing that destination charging program where they are trying to distribute as many HPWCs as possible. It might not be a bad idea for boat launches. Campgrounds with RV hookups would be perfect, whether you are trailer camping or tent camping.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC