Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X towing a trailer sighting

araxara

S-P85#3,218 X-LR M3AWD
May 11, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Testing after the product has been released ?
They could be testing the non-performance version, since it uses a smaller motor in the rear. That version has not been released yet and according to Tesla’s Model X configuration page, won’t be available until mid-2016.

Cosmacelf

Mar 6, 2013
San Diego
Considering their tow rating was a number pulled out of a hat, maybe they are testing to see if the rating is real or not. the standard everyone is now using is J2807. I've asked tesla if the tow rating was based on any standard or testing and was told they would know by end of year.

bonnie

I play a nice person on twitter.
Feb 6, 2011
Columbia River Gorge
Testing after the product has been released ?

Way to go negative. :) Since Tesla engineering is constantly adding features to existing vehicles, I assume that testing we see now is for FUTURE enhancements. And I'm grateful that they're constantly innovating.

I understand the insinuation. Here's mine - cease all testing of the product after it's been released ?
come on now, you know better than that.

vandacca

ReActive Member
Oct 13, 2014
Hamilton
Way to go negative. :) Since Tesla engineering is constantly adding features to existing vehicles, I assume that testing we see now is for FUTURE enhancements. And I'm grateful that they're constantly innovating.

I can't wait for the U-Haul enhancement!!! :cool:

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC