Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Tracker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ModelXTracker | Welcome
My apologies if this has already been discussed.
This excellent resource deserves it's own thread. Although it obviously suffers from the same selection bias as any other nonrandom voluntary data set, the numbers are substantial enough to provide real information. Anyone who has reserved a MX is encouraged to register, then update their information through the order and delivery process.

I am surprised to see that 92% of almost 400 early registered configurations include the 72 amp charger, and that >60% are P90D or P90DL. What other interesting pearls can be gleaned from this database?

I am surprised to see that 92% of almost 400 early registered configurations include the 72 amp charger, and that >60% are P90D or P90DL. What other interesting pearls can be gleaned from this database?

How many of those early registered config are Sigs? Those are all Performance versions with 72 Amp charger standard, and will skew the numbers....

How many of those early registered config are Sigs? Those are all Performance versions with 72 Amp charger standard, and will skew the numbers....

Do the Sigs have the 72 amp charger standard? I realize that all Founders and Sigs are performance vehicles, but think that only Founders have the high current charger standard.

Filtering out Founders and Sigs, 74% of the confirmed Production orders include the 72 amp charger and 48% are P90D or P90DL, but this data set has much smaller numbers (n=85). There are only 4 entries from my home state.

Do the Sigs have the 72 amp charger standard?

Yes, my Sig X came with the 72 amp charger as standard. Here is a photo of the charging at 72A:
2015-12-24 13.28.06.jpg

Do the Sigs have the 72 amp charger standard? I realize that all Founders and Sigs are performance vehicles, but think that only Founders have the high current charger standard.

Filtering out Founders and Sigs, 74% of the confirmed Production orders include the 72 amp charger and 48% are P90D or P90DL, but this data set has much smaller numbers (n=85). There are only 4 entries from my home state.

Signature Models all have the 72 amp charger as standard.

I did not order the 72A charger, and at this point I seem to be in the minority.

Early Production orders definitely are trending toward the high end options, with 75% (of 103) opting for the 72A charger, and 50% being Insane or Ludicrous performance variants. 78 of 100 recorded Production orders include the Premium package. These maximum loaded orders will probably be the first ones delivered, and no doubt the needle will swing more towards the base model as time goes on. Even if the tracker overestimates the high end orders, it seems likely that about 1/3 of the current reservations will end up being P90D variants.

Since the Model X Tracker is mainly tracking people with some involvement on message boards, they are more likely to be aware of the charger issue. I did not order it either since I can't make use of it at home and don't anticipate traveling to areas where the higher amperage charger would benefit me. The majority of reservation holders don't participate in internet forums and will place their orders using only the options readily displayed in the Design Studio. They would be unaware of the hidden charger upgrade, and would be equally unaware of the tracker.

It seemed to me an option that may become more useful in the future with more 2nd and 3rd party charger going online. Another reason to get it when you order is from what I had read you will not be able to order it later. It is something different than the MS where you can pay extra and have it added at the service center. With the promie of MIII coming out in a few years everything is going to change at the SC'es. We should see longer lines and wait times to charge. So looking at other charging solutions I'm betting on faster will be better.